Saturday, October 25, 2008

CASHEW BURFI/ KAJU KATHLI


I learnt this from my mom. But my mom says now i am making this sweet better than her :-)
My kids love this. Since we are not celebrating Diwali this time i am not in a mood to make any sweet. I was teaching my little one shapes. I taught him diamond shape, I explained him you will eat sweet know that shape. He was troubling me to make it, seeing him my daughter too. Then i went to out for buying cashew since my stock was over. At last they were happy to taste it. It came out so.. well this time. Let me share the recipe.

Ingredients

Cashew – 150 gms
Sugar - Twice of cashew paste
Ghee (clarified Butter) – 1 tbsp
Milk – 2 tbsp

Method

1. Soak cashew in milk for 30 minutes and grind it to a paste.
2. In a heavy bottomed pan add sugar, add required quantity of water to dissolve the sugar
3. Add a spoon of milk to the boiling sugar syrup. After two minutes if there is dirt in the sugar syrup , it will be collected in the sides of the pan, take it out.
4. Check it out for one string stage , that is if you touch the sugar syrup between your fingers one string will come.
5. In that stage add the grinded cashew paste.
6. Stir nicely not to form lumps.
7. When it boils nicely add ghee. Keep a plate greased with ghee.
8. When it is not sticking in the pan pour a drop of cashew mixture in that plate, if you can roll it like a ball, you can pour entire mixture in the plate.
9. Allow it to cool , when it is Luke warm make pieces.
1. This entry goes to EFM Sweets hosted by Srilekha
2. This entry goes to Sweet series hosted by Mythreye
3. this entrygoes to Yummy Festival Feast - Diwali hosted by Pallavi
4. Taking part in Let us go nuts about cashewnuts by tasty treats.

24 comments:

Deepthi Shankar

wow .. kaji katli looks fab .. i just love it .. lovely diamond shape

Anonymous

Wow burfis looks gr8. Iam drooling over perfect for the event. It is always a joy, pleasure and honour to get nice comments from mom.

Mahimaa's kitchen

hey burfi looks very good. i also make it this way but i put 3/4 cup of sugar for 1 cup of cashew powder. i dry grind cashews and make 2 string syrup and mix in the powdered cashews.. is Vidhaas ur friend? btw.. ur kids are so cute.

Cham

The burfi turned out excellent. I made Badam burfi pretty much the same outcome!
Wishing you a Happy Diwali

Anonymous

Hi my first time here

I have been wanting to make Kaju burfi for such a long time. yours look perfect..

Jeyashris Kitchen

Looks so tempting.My mother in law do this for every diwali.My husband and kids love that more.

Sugarcraft India

Hello Vidhas..Thankyou for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments..
The kaju barfi looks lovely... It does need some expertise while making it.. Correct temperatures etc..

vidhas

thnk you deesha,Lubna karim,cham,soma, Jeyashri,sugarcraft,
Yes Lubna it is always pleasure and joy to get a coment from mom.
Mahima my sil makes like you, I am Vidhas, or you asking about Vibaas

Medhaa

Your Kaju Katlis have come out perfect. I have never made these at home I should try them once since we love them

I do have the Sindhi Curry recipes, you can find it here

http://medhaa.blogspot.com/2008/07/sindhi-curry-chawara-tomato-curry.html

Shama Nagarajan

thank u for visiting my blog.i love this burfi..........we got this sweet from shop for diwali........happy diwali

Mahimaa's kitchen

Hey Happy Diwali to you!!

vidhas

Thank you mahima,Medhaa, Shama for your visit and comments

Ramya Vijaykumar

Kaju Kathli looks mouthwatering and happy diwali to you. Guess you changed your back ground this new one is looking good. and so is the kids picture.

Usha

Kaju katli is one of my favorite sweets and yours looks just perfect...

anudivya

Wish you a very happy Deepavali...
I am big on anything Cashews... love it.

Yasmeen

Vidhas,I've a surprise for you at my blog,please check out this post:)

Sweeet! Kaju kathli is our favorite kind of burfi:)

vidhas

Thnak you Ramya, usha, Anudivya and Yasmeen.

Yes Ramya i have changed by template. I was thinking whether it is good, thank u

Thank you for passing me the award

Vidhya

Thanks Vidhas for the visit and for the comments. Where are you in Chennai. Naanum chennai than

Adlak's tiny world

congrats on yr award. May u get more and more.My wishes to u.

vidhas

Thank you Vidya for dropping and for your comments, thank you hema

Jeyashris Kitchen

for this diwali we went to my husbands cousin's house.she made kajukathli in way said in mahima's kitchen.It was so nice.It gave the exact kaju flavour.
try in once vidya.No milk very less ghee.

vidhas

thanx jeyshri. Will surley try. I have also used one spoon gheeonly, milk i have used for soaking the cahew for getting rich taste, we can soak in water also.

Recipeswap

Awesome looking Katlis

Seena

Hi Vidhas,
will add u in my list, thanks for visiting my blog.. :)
for the recipe u have asked, will post later..

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP