Thursday, March 12, 2009

Aloo Paratha and Awards

Varsha has given me this Goodie Bag for sending eight entries for the event Recipes for rest of us dessert. Thanks Varsha. I am bouncing in joy.



Whenever I make Aloo paratha , I can’t forget the one which I had in Manali. We went for our honeymoon in February, there in Kufri full of snow and roadside a man was selling aloo parathas, hot hot parathas with butter on top, with mango pickle YUmmmmm…, still I remember the taste.

I feel this is comfort food, easy to make if atta is ready. Nowadays we get ready to use aloo mash in the market. My kids love this. When I fast on Fridays I have to eat without any sour things, I prepare this without onion and have. When my in laws went to USA for the first time, they are not sure whether they will like the food in the flight. I made this and my father in law liked it, he had in the Frankfurt Airport. This time also I made it for my sister in law. So I am sending this to Food on Wheels hosted by Taste of Mysore.

I give this with a salad and curd for my daughter to school for lunch.

Ingredients

Wheat flour – as required
Potato – 2 0r 3
Onion – 1 ( optional)
Coriander leaves – one hand full
Salt to taste
Chili powder as per taste
Garam masala – ¼ tsp ( optional)


Method
1. Knead the wheat flour by adding a pinch of salt and water.
2. Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and mash it.
3. Chop the Onion very finely.
4. Combine the onion, mashed potato, coriander leaves, salt. Chili powder and garam masala.
5. Make a thick roti and keep the filling and close it for 4 sides and knead as a paratha.
6. You can use either butter or ghee or oil for toasting.
7. You can serve with curd or with pickle.

This is taking part in CFk - wheat hosted by sireesha started by sharmi
This entry is taking part in JFI – Wheat hosted by Roma's Space and cooking of kids - Potato hosted by Deepa started by Sharmi.


Anu of Chandrabaga and Pavithra of Pakashale passed me this lovely award. Thanks gals I am honoured.

The award states that-These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind blogger aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement (? big word, lol). Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

It's so hard to choose 8 bloggers from my friends :-(

Here is my list

1. Mahimaa of Indian Vegetarian Kitchen

2. Raji of Raks Kitchen

3. Shama of Easy to cook recipes

4. Varsha of Will O the Wisp

5. Ann of Delighted Foodie

6. Sanghi of Sanghi's food delights

7. Neema of Recipewap

8. Asha of Foodies Hope

29 comments:

Jeyashris Kitchen

congrats on ur award.and coming to the aloo parata,very excellent dish.just recently i tried it and came out awesome.very easy one.just add a few crumbled paneer to it also.nowa days i am doing variety of stuffed paratas.and good that janani is eating.But my kids won't.

Shama Nagarajan

hai vidhya....yummy healthy parathas....congrats on ur award.....thanking you dear for passing it me.....feeling happy and its my pleasure

Unknown

looks yummo..I used to love the dhaba parathas ..just the wauy you described..congrats on you win..

suvi

totally agree with you, parathas are so easy to make, and very rarely will you come acros anyone who doesn't like aloo parathas! ongrats on your awards

Purva Desai

I am game any day for aloo parathas. Congrats for receiving this lovely goodie bag

FH

WOW!! Look at that goodies bag, very nice! Enjoy the awards and thanks for mine too. Hugs! :)

SMN

Vidhya..my all time fav this is

Priya Suresh

Who will say now to those fluffy aloo parathas, just drooling over them..congrats for receiving goodie bag Vidhya!!

Anonymous

Vidhya,the goodie back looks great..enjoy...
and aloo paratha is fav here too..great spread of yours !!
COngrats on the awrad ...and thanks for remembering me..I value that from you dear !!

VIDYA VENKY

congrats vidhya for the guddies & the award..lovely....
parathaslook sooooo yummy..

Trupti

Aloo paratha looks very delicious..one of my fav. Congrats on awards.

vidhas

Thanks Gals for your lovley comments, it means so.. much to me.

Deepa Hari

i love aloo parathas...they look yummy and delicious...Thank you for the lovely entry Vidhya.

Ashwini

Congrats and enjoy that goodie bag..Yummy parathas..

Gita Jaishankar

Very healthy parathas... looks perfect :)

Cham

That is a wonderful goodie bag, Kids should enjoy! Aloo parathas who says no, they look beautiful.
Congrats on ur awards .

Deepthi Shankar

I love aloo parathas too. they make an excellent breakfast. Congrats on the awards

Varsha Vipins

yay..I got the award..thnks so much Vidhyakka..:)
The paratha looks yum..I have never made it..cos we both love Aloo so much,so scared we'll eat like anything n become like balloons..:D

AnuSriram

Yes, i agree its an apt entry for food on wheels.. Just because i make this and stuff some veggies inside, roll on a tissue paper and take it while travelling.. It's always been easier to eat this kind of food on the go... Looks delicious!

Pooja

Congrats for the awards..Parathas are looking yum...

Unknown

hello dear, well i had been busy with my parents visiting us till jan 3nd and in between there is a news we are expecting our second baby this aug. until last week my nuasea kept me out of the kitchen itself. i started cooking last weekend after 2 months and hv just got back a bit energy too.
how have u been? am not sure abt when i vl start blogging now. but will surely stay in touch. have fun!

vidhas

Thank you all for the lovley comments.

Poornima Nair

The parathas look so soft...I could have it anytime...just love it.
Congrats on your award.

Dori

Congratulations on the award! Bread looks yummy!

Mahimaa's kitchen

congrats on winning and the goodie bag looks cute.

again an award? thanks a ton dear.. i feel touched.

Madhu's cooking gallery

Yummy parathas...my all time favorite..congrats on all you awards Vidhya.

vidhas

Thanks Meeso, Mahdu and Mahi.

Raks

Looks great vidhya,I love stuffed parathas!
Thanks for passing me the award Ya:)

Jaishree Iyer

stuffed parathas looks soft & perfect vidhas

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP