Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thengai Thuvayal / Coconut Chutney

This is our favourite. Both my mom and mil makes this so.. well. It is comfort food when you are lazy or quickly you have to make something to have with rice. With this you can have chips or papad roasted in microwave also go well.This entry goes to Chutney or Dip Mania event hosted by Ramya.





Ingredients

Grated coconut – 1 cup
Urad dhall – 4 tbsp
Red chili – 3 or 4
Pepper – few
Salt to taste
Tamarind – berry size or lemon juice
Hing - one generous pinch


Oil to saute

Method

Heat oil and add red chili, pepper, urad dhall , hing and saute nicely.
Add the coconut.If you are adding tamarind soak with salt and water.
Combine all and add salt and grind it , not to smooth paste, slightly coarse.
If you are using lemon juice add now. I use lemon juice because we can adjust the taste.
Goes well with rice also with dosas.








Varsha has passed me this award. Yes i love chatting with friends. Thanks Varsha.

Yasmeen of Health Nut passed me this award created by her, She is so.. Sweet, i am so honoured to be in her list.
I would like to pass both the awards to my friends: Raji, Poonam , n33ma, Trupti, Ann, Priya,Cham Veggie belly, Sowmya, Sangi, Srilekha, vaishali, Nithya, Mahimaa, Hema, Vidya,Anu, Aquadaze,Swapna, Alka, Shama, Uma, preety, Jaishree,Sabitha,Roochi, Lubna, Pavithra, Vidyavenky, premyscakes, Medha Purva Desai, Gita Jayashree Mudaliar, Ramya UJ,


Hope , I have included all my friends. If I have missed someone kindly let me know.

37 comments:

Anonymous

We make that too very often...lovely and nostalgic..Congrats on your awards..Go on

Poonam

This is really new to me!! will give this a try. And thanks a ton for the award.

Unknown

goes well with anything..love it..

vidhas

Thanks Ann, Poonam and Sowmya.
Poonam it's my pleasure.

Nithya Praveen

Your 100th post was a lovely sweet and the next one a hot and spicy thogayal...yummy:).as u said,this one so easy to make when we are easy.I love it with kerala papadams:)

sriharivatsan

Idhu ennaku rhomba pudikum vidhya..I love to have this with kootu..Parkumbodhe pasikaradhu..

Jeyashris Kitchen

my daughter's favourite.i dont add milagu.will try next time.

Sanghi

Congrates and Thanks a lot Vidhas for passing me this so sweet award..! ;)

vidhas

Thanks nithya and srividhya

Cham

The urad dhal and black pepper should make different than my version, Congrats and thanks for sharing with me.

Uma

chutney looks so yummy! Congrats on your award. Thank you so much for thinking about me too!

Priya Suresh

Thengai thuvaiyal looks delicious VIdha, my all time fav.. Thanks a lot for sharing ur awards dear:) am honoured:)

Raks

I too make this,I love ethis with curd rice,idli,dosas and arisi upma:)
Looks yummy:)

The Fit.Me

Thank you so much dear for passing the sweet awards to me..:)

vidhas

Thank you so much dear friends and that is my pleasure to share with you all.

Pavithra Kodical

This is chutney goes well with dosa..Thank you dear for remembering me while passing the award..You made my day :)

Vaishali

Dear Vidhas, you are really sweet to pass this on to me. Thanks!
And that thengai chutney is very much like one my mother-in-law made. It looks delicious, and I love it.

VIDYA VENKY

hi vidhas,thanx a lot for ur awards..i request u to help me give away awards & collect my awards too....

FH

Hi Vidhas, nice to meet you. This chutney is my fave too, with dosa and idli. Looks great!

Enjoy the award and I see your 100th post already! Congratulations. Hope to see you again at FH, every Wednesday! :))

Preety

thanks dear for passing me the awards..coconut chutney is my all time fav but somehow it never turned out good whenever i am making it myself at home:(

Varsha Vipins

simple n yummy chutney..congrats Vidhya..:)

Sum Raj

just need a plate of dosa and ur chutney..

Adlak's tiny world

s ofcourse a comfort dish which also easy to make... congrats and thanks for pasing to me also.

Medhaa

Thank you so much for the award, love coconut chutney with dosa and idle never tried with rice will do next time i make it

veggie belly

thankyou, you are so sweet!

Unknown

Yes Vidhya even i also do the same dish, when i feel lazy and even my family like this too..but i will do slight alterations in my style like i will add 1tsp coriender seeds, half tspn geera with a garlic clove..very nice recipe..

vidhas

Thanks friends for the lovely comments and encouragemnet. It means really so.. much to me.

Anonymous

This is new to me and i never knew coconut could be used in such a way
Thanks for thinking about me while passing the award,i will surely wear it proudly on my blog:-)

Yasmeen

Spicy Coconut chutney ,perfect side for S.Indian breakfast:)
And thanks for passing on the love...

Trupti

goes well with any snack...congratulations in awards & thanks for giving them to me.

Mahimaa's kitchen

that is one yummy thogayal.. my all time fav.

Raks

Thank you for the award,will update soon in my post:)

vidhas

Thanks my dears for yopur lovely comments.

Unknown

thengai thogayal looks mouhwatering.. nice entry dear,, my hubby loves it..

AnuSriram

Hmmm... Thengai thuvayal is always my favourite.. With rice and fried papad, it tastes heavenly... Thanks for sending me this beautiful award..

Anonymous

These flavors sound deliciously sweet and savory together. I bet the coconut makes it especially creamy and tasty!

vidhas

Thanks Spohie for the lovley comment

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP