Thursday, November 4, 2021

KARUPAATI MYSORE PAK/ கருப்பட்டி மைசூர் பா

I am using karupatti for lots of sweets and for coffee and tea. I usually make mysore pak with sugar.

Since  I stopped using white sugar for so many years. the consistency of the burfi  depends upon the nature of the palm jaggery. Mine was little chewy consistency .  When I searched I found this in my good friend Jeyasri s kitchen. 





INGREDIENTS



Besan / Gram flour - 1 cup

Palm jaggery -  1.5 cups or 1 1/4 cup

Oil - 1/2 cup

Ghee - 1/2 cup

Water - 3/4 cup


METHOD

Grease a tray with little ghee for pouring the mixture, I have used aluminum
 foil.

In a heavy bottom pan, add the besan and dry roast .

Transfer in a bowl and add oil and make a paste and keep it aside.







In the same pan add karupatti and water , let it dissolve , strain it and boil again in a low flame.

After sometime if you touch in between your fingers you will get on string consistency.



Add the besan paste and keep on stirring , add the ghee little by little.

When it thickens add the ghee gradually. 

If you drop  a little it in the greased tray , you should  make a ball out of that.






When it reaches the consistency pour it in the tray and let it cool and make desired shape. 



 

0 comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP