Friday, October 17, 2008

IDLI RICE / BOILED RICE MURUKKU



This is my mom's signature dish. Every time she comes to my place she brings this. Because my husband likes this so much. Now my both kids like this . So this time when I went to my mom's place I learnt and tried there.





INGREDIENTS

Idli rice - 2 cups
Gram flour (besan) – 1 cup
Chili powder – 2 tbsp
Hing - ¼ tb sp
Salt to taste
Butter 2 Tbsp
Oil for frying




METHOD

Soak rice for 3 to 4 hours and grind it as thick batter by adding little water.

Add besan, chili powder, salt and hing to it.

Add 1 or 2 tbsp of hot oil or butter  to this and mix well to get crisp murukku.

Keep oil in medium heat and prepare murukku.

14 comments:

Adlak's tiny world

Nice murruku, i suspect on c ing yr commnt on my blog there must be a new entry here. There u r. Keep some for me too.

Anonymous

timely posting for diwali season.Will surely try.

Sangeeth

I have done these with raw rice....boiled rice is kinda new to me..may b worth a try..what say?

Sunshinemom

Looks very tasty - a cup of hot tea is all you need and a good chat of course:)

Anonymous

For your murukku what should I use
boiled rice or soaked rice? Please let me know. I like to try this recipe. Thanks in advance

Radha

Pavani

murukku looks yummy...i loved it

Adlak's tiny world

U have a surpraise in my blog. check out! quick quick....

vidhas

we have to use boiled rice(puzhungal arisi in tamil) and it has to be soaked. thbak u hema,jeyashri,sangeeth,sunshinemomand pavani

Deepthi Shankar

boiled murukku looks sooper delicious

Jeyashris Kitchen

why no postings for a long time

Medhaa

Oh I love this too, but i have to get the boiled rice..:)

You can surely make the Veg Au Gratin on the stove. I will update my post on how to do that.

Ramya Vijaykumar

Murukku with boiled rice inspiring. they look crunchy too.

Roochi

Hi, I came to Norway for a month from Germany which is where I live. So made some snacks. I followed your Murukku recipe and it came out very very well. Thank you

vidhas

Thank you roochi for your feedback, i am so happy to know.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP