Sunday, December 21, 2008

PASTA AND CORN IN WHITE SAUCE


I tasted this in a restaurant and i tried replacing mushroom with corn. It tasted so good. This is my kids favourite recipe so i am going to send this to Cooking for kids hosted by Sharmi.

Ingredients

Pasta - 1 cups
Corn - 1 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Pepper powder as per taste
Oregano - one generous pinch
Salt to taste
Butter - 1 tbsp
Maida - 1 tbsp

Method

1. Cook the pasta as per the instructions and keep aside.
2. Heat butter in a pan, when melted add maida and saute on medium heat till the raw smell goes, keep stirring in between. (Should not turn brown)
3. Remove from heat and add 1 cup of milk mixing to make sure there are no lumps.Add the rest of the milk mix and make sure there are no lumps.Put back on the heat and cook on medium till the sauce thickens. Keep stirring in between. Add the salt, pepper and dry oregano. Mix well.
4. Add the cooked pasta and corn and mix well.
Also this entry goes to FIC White hosted by Lubna and Sunshine mom.
Iused whole wheat pasta , milk contains calcium etc. so this entry goes to Eat healthy during pregnency hosted by Sangeeth.
This entry is going to take part in Cooking for kids hosted by Preety

11 comments:

Unknown

wow one of my all time fav. looks so tempting

Raks

SOunds really good,my son will love this as he likes corn a lot!!
Bit busy with my in-laws...they have come for a month to my place thats y no time for blogging...:)

Pavani

ooh..pasta with corn sounds new but looking yum yum

Priya Suresh

Looks delicious vidha!!!

Gita Jaishankar

Wow, 2 pasta dishes, way to go gal :) Both look delicious and healthy, I love the richness of the dishes, I am sure your kids must have loved it!

AnuSriram

That looks lovely! Easy to make too!

Uj

2 Pasta dishes back to back.. going good :D.. Loved the use of Corn :D

vidhas

Thank you Rekha, Raji, pavani, priya,Gita, Anu and Ujwals

lubnakarim06

Oh wow awesome recipe.

Andhra Flavors

looks healthy. pasta with corn new to me.

Akanksha

Hi, let me know if I can publish this recipe in my emagazine DNS, DNS is promoting food bloggers from India by publishing recipes from Indian blogs based on a monthly theme giving full credit to the author/blog.
if you are ok then mail me your short bio and pasta/spaghetti recipe to ver.neha@hotmail.com
Check my website here www.dinenshare.com

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP