HI!!!!, I am back. It is more than a month , i missed all your recipes. Everybody in my family fell ill one after another, finally me so i could not blog these days.
In DEC 09 I joined a course in Art of living and it is really good. so i was busy in that too. This rice i made for my daughter's lunch box . usually i follow Mrs. Mallika Badrinath's recipe to make this rice. I did not have that much time , so i tried simple method it came out well.
Rice - 1cup
Channa -1 cup
Onion - 1
tomato - 1
coconut - 2 tbsp
Garlic - 2 to 3 pods
red chili - 1
salt to taste
garam masala - 1/2 tsp
oil, cumin seeds for tempering
1. Soak the Channa for 8 hours and pressure cook it. ( I will cook the Channa and keep stock for 1one week)
2. Cook the rice and let it cool.
3. Combine coconut, garlic, red chili and ground it to a paste.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and splutter cumin seeds.
5. Add chopped onions, saute till it turns pink. Add chopped tomatoes and cook it well.
6. Add the paste, salt , garam masala and cook until the raw smell goes.
7. Add the cooked rice and mix well. Garnish with cilantro.
Serve with plain curd or raita.
This is my daughter's lunch box.
Jeyashri passed me this award , i am so happy . sorry for the late in posting it jeyashri