Thursday, February 17, 2011

SATHUMAVU KANCHI / MULTIGRAIN PORRIDGE




A healthy drink which I give to my kids when they turned one. when my daughter was one-year-old pediasure came into the market when i asked my paediatrician he told me i can give sathumavu kanchi it is equivalent to that. my mom makes it for me all the time. This time when she came i learnt how to prepare this. Only thing which takes time is this dry roasting all the ingredients.

When I am fasting and i take this , my daughter love this.





Ingredients

WHEAT - 500 GMS


GREEN MOONG DHALL - 500 GRAMS

  

CHANNA/ CHICKPEA - 100 GMS


MAIZE/CORN - 100 GMS


CHOLAM/SORHUM - 100 GMS


SOYA BEAN - 100 GMS



CASHEW


ALMOND





SEASAME SEEDS


Method

  •  Dry roast all the ingredients separately. (except cashew and Almond)
  • I forgot to take the picture of the roasted one.
  • Ground to powder by giving it to a flour mill. (Except cashew, almond and sesame seeds)
  • Powder seasme seeds and cashew, almond in mixie.
  • You can store it in a air tight container.
  • Take 1 tbsp (required qty) add milk and make a mix( you can use water also).
  • boil it , keep stirring.
  • Add milk to make a thin consistency.




Note
  • You can add peanuts also in this, my mom says the kanchi mavu will spoil quickly.

This is taking part in Srivalli's Breakfast mela






21 comments:

Indian Khana

Wow this is such a great way to start a day ....healthy indeed

chef and her kitchen

That is a very very healthy recipe dear...looks nice

Nithya

This is one porridge that I would always ask for more :) Love it so much :) super healthy and filling too :)

Priya Suresh

I love this porridge, am having even still thrice a week..

Vidya Chandrahas

Healthy and yummy multigrain forridge...I will try it out for sure

Raks

Liked your click vidhya,I have never tried this for ajay,sounds good and healthy!

Jeyashris Kitchen

nowadays we started taking this poridge instead of tea/coffeein the morning.i dont the recipe, my mom only makes and give to me. thanks for sharing the recipe.even my daughter loves this

Prema

Healthy Kanchi,luks delicious...

Lovely space,Lot of tempting recipe...very nice blog!

Luv,
PremalathaAravindhan,
www.premascook.com

Chitra

I too give this for my kid. But i add rice..u have given clear explanation with pics :)

Preety

nice and healthy recipe..great for breakfast

vidhas

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments

தக்குடு

So ithuthaan janani kuttiyoda secret of sucessaa??..;) gud one vidya akka!

Anonymous

Hi Vidya

Wav Healthy and energetic drink.Thanks for sharing this great recipe.

Your blog is so nice and cute kids are looking lovely in your profile.
I am happy to follow you.

cheers
rani
http://rangaraniacharyulu.blogspot.com

Sensible Vegetarian

Love this kanji, healhy and delicious one.

Jayanthy Kumaran

very healthy recipe with fantastic clicks..
Tasty appetite

Hema Mahen

First visit here, very healthy drink.
Nice Blog..and your kids are very cute.

Kavitha

Thanks for the recipe. This is my first visit here.
Please do let me what quantity of cashews, almonds and sesame should one add.

Kavitha

Thanks for the recipe. This is my first visit here.
Please do let me know what quantity of cashews, almonds and sesame should one add.

Kavitha

Thanks for the recipe. This is my first visit here.
Please do let me what quantity of cashews, almonds and sesame should one add.

Gnana

Thanks for the healthy breakfast recipe!! I really love this since it seems to be an easy option for eating a variety of grains.

Kavivrao

Shouldn't Cardomom be added to this for flavour and for good digestion?
Only thing is that, If we add cardomom, it will give a feeling of taking a sweet drink like payasam.

From what I have seen, people don't add the Kambu and white cholam; But we need to take more whole millets which has enormous health benefits. Many younger generation people don't know how to make use of these millets in our daily food. Best way is to make such a porridge and take.

Such blogs are a real boon to the younger generation. Congrats!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP