Sunday, November 27, 2011

SIMPLE CHANNA RICE

I keep stock of boiled channa in my freezer. It will give hand when we are in a hurry or want to cook something quickly.
This rice i made for my daughter's lunch box . usually i follow Mrs. Mallika Badrinath's recipe to make this rice. I did not have that much time , so i tried simple method it came out well.




INGREDIENTS


Rice - 1cup
Channa -1 cup
Onion - 1
tomato - 1
coconut - 2 tbsp
Garlic - 2 to 3 pods
red chili - 1
salt to taste
garam masala - 1/2 tsp
oil, cumin seeds for tempering

METHOD

1. Soak the Channa for 8 hours and pressure cook it. ( I will cook the Channa and keep stock for 1one week)
2. Cook the rice and let it cool.
3. Combine coconut, garlic, red chili and ground it to a paste.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and splutter cumin seeds.
5. Add chopped onions, saute till it turns pink. Add chopped tomatoes and cook it well.
6. Add the paste, salt , garam masala and cook until the raw smell goes.
7. Add the cooked rice and mix well. Garnish with cilantro.


Serve with plain curd or raita.




26 comments:

Ms.Chitchat

Tasty rice, nice variation in the usual recipe, bookmarked.

veena

Must have tasted very yummy...my kid loves this too:-)

Jayanthy Kumaran

wow..very delicious n tempting..
Tasty Appetite

Priya Suresh

Flavourful channa rice,looks inviting and delicious..

Padmajha

Delicious one potmeal...

Srivalli

Love channa rice..looks great..

Gayathri Kumar

Looks so inviting...

Reva

Channa rice looks super good..:) Very warming hearty dish..
Reva

saffronstreaks

ohh..thats so delicious..and making me hungry

vaishali sabnani

love the channa pulao....will surely try this one!!

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen

Very inviting Rice Recipe!!!

Julie

Lovely delicious n healthy rice...
Happily following you:-))
Do drop by my space and I would love if you follow my space too.

Raks

Nice recipe, never tried channa pulao ,should be handy for lunch boxes!

Suma Gandlur

Quick and nutritious.

Aruna Manikandan

looks delicious :)

Kaveri Venkatesh

Mallika Badhrinath's books are one of my favorites...This rice looks too good..perfect for kids.

Herbs & Flowers: Spring Onions

Kalyani

that looks good.. wish my daughter also starts liking Pulav / flavoured rice with Channa dal. Somehow I am not able to make her eat Chickpeas...


Kalyani
200th Post & Giveaway
Event Ends 30th Nov: Flavours of China

The Pumpkin Farm

i have one version of chana rice, yours is defnitely different and interesting

lata raja

Channa is so rich in nutrients and the rice is very flavoursome. A winner recipe I am sure!

divya

Yum yum,just drooling over that fabulous rice..

Cool Lassi(e)

A nutritious fare!

Vardhini

Yummy rice. I add channa to everything :)


Vardhini
Checkout my 200th Post Giveaway
Event: Bake Fest
Event: Dish it Out - Soy and Tomatoes

Nalini's Kitchen

Yummy and tasty rice,perfectly done.

Pavani

Delicious lunch box dish..

rajani

Chana rice has been in my bookmarks folder for years! Should try this out someday!

chandini

i tried it. i loved it. nowadays when am going to college weekly once i make this for my lunch.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP