I keep stock of boiled channa in my freezer. It will give hand when we are in a hurry or want to cook something quickly.
This rice i made for my daughter's lunch box . usually i follow Mrs. Mallika Badrinath's recipe to make this rice. I did not have that much time , so i tried simple method it came out well.
Rice - 1cup
Channa -1 cup
Onion - 1
tomato - 1
coconut - 2 tbsp
Garlic - 2 to 3 pods
red chili - 1
salt to taste
garam masala - 1/2 tsp
oil, cumin seeds for tempering
1. Soak the Channa for 8 hours and pressure cook it. ( I will cook the Channa and keep stock for 1one week)
2. Cook the rice and let it cool.
3. Combine coconut, garlic, red chili and ground it to a paste.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and splutter cumin seeds.
5. Add chopped onions, saute till it turns pink. Add chopped tomatoes and cook it well.
6. Add the paste, salt , garam masala and cook until the raw smell goes.
7. Add the cooked rice and mix well. Garnish with cilantro.
Serve with plain curd or raita.