Tuesday, March 31, 2020

TOMATO SAMBHAR FOR IDLI/DOSA

This recipe I make often at home, somehow i did not blog it. During lock down everyone is looking for a simple and easy recipe to make. I thought will post this.I have tried making a video with voice over, first attempt. It taste yum with Idli and dosa. I





I have  made a video of  the tomato sambhar. My first attempt too. 



INGREDIENTS

Onion - 1
Tomato - 3
Green chili - 1
Coconut - 2 tbsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
salt to taste
oil 1 tsp

Method

In a cooker add chopped onion and slit green chilli.

Grind the tomatoes and add to that.

Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.

Close the cooker and leave it for 3 whistles.

Open the cooker and add grounded coconut. Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.

In a pan add oil, add fennel seeds and curry leaves.When it splutter add to the sambhar.

Enjoy with idli or dosa.

 (if you don't like fennel seeds , replace with jeera)



1 comments:

Gayathri Diagarajan

Vidhya - tried it today and was very tasty and easy to make

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP