Monday, July 28, 2008

Appam With Stew



This is one my favourite dishes. My mom makes it very delicious. It's my daughter’s favourite too. My son and my father in law likes with coconut milk








Ingredients.

For Appam
Boiled rice – 1 cup
Raw rice – 1 cup
Urad Dall - 1/2 cup

Soak all for 4 to 5 hours and grind. While grinding add salt and handful of cooked rice and ferment for 6 to 8 hours. While making Appam add a pinch of eno salt or cooking soda and prepare in appam pan.


STEW

Ingredients

Onion – 1
Green Chili - 2
Garlic- 2 – 3 cloves
Boiled potatoCarrots, peas
For seasoning oil,cinnamon,elachiCoconut milk (thick and thin milk)Mint leaves for garnishing

Method


1.Heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon, elachi.
2. Add Onions, green chili, garlic and fry
3. Add the chopped vegetables and thin milk.
4. Add salt and let the vegetables cook.
5. Add mashed potatoes .
6. Add the Thick milk and off the stove. You should not boil after adding coconut milk
7. Garnish with mint leaves( I have used coriander because I didn’t have mint leaves on that day )


i am going to curry mela event

http://cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com/2008/07/announcing-curry-mela-event-to.html

This entry goes to Rice mela


2 comments:

Vibaas

welcome to the blog world! :)

Madhu's cooking gallery

Appam and kurma looks wonderful! White kurma is my favorite!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP