I learnt this from my mom. But my mom says now i am making this sweet better than her :-)
My kids love this. Since we are not celebrating Diwali this time i am not in a mood to make any sweet. I was teaching my little one shapes. I taught him diamond shape, I explained him you will eat sweet know that shape. He was troubling me to make it, seeing him my daughter too. Then i went to out for buying cashew since my stock was over. At last they were happy to taste it. It came out so.. well this time. Let me share the recipe.
Cashew – 150 gms
Sugar - Twice of cashew paste
Ghee (clarified Butter) – 1 tbsp
Milk – 2 tbsp
1. Soak cashew in milk for 30 minutes and grind it to a paste.
2. In a heavy bottomed pan add sugar, add required quantity of water to dissolve the sugar
3. Add a spoon of milk to the boiling sugar syrup. After two minutes if there is dirt in the sugar syrup , it will be collected in the sides of the pan, take it out.
4. Check it out for one string stage , that is if you touch the sugar syrup between your fingers one string will come.
5. In that stage add the grinded cashew paste.
6. Stir nicely not to form lumps.
7. When it boils nicely add ghee. Keep a plate greased with ghee.
8. When it is not sticking in the pan pour a drop of cashew mixture in that plate, if you can roll it like a ball, you can pour entire mixture in the plate.
9. Allow it to cool , when it is Luke warm make pieces.
This entry goes to Diwali 2009 hosted by Priya's feast.
1. This entry goes to EFM Sweets hosted by Srilekha
2. This entry goes to Sweet series hosted by Mythreye
3. this entrygoes to Yummy Festival Feast - Diwali hosted by Pallavi
4. Taking part in Let us go nuts about cashewnuts by tasty treats.