Wednesday, October 29, 2008

PAL KOZHUKATTAI (Rice flour balls in Milk)

I like this pal kozhukatai so.. much. Every time I go to my mom's place I will ask her to make it. This time with the help of my mom I just made it.






INGREDIENTS

Rice flour – 1 

Water - 2 cups

 Jaggery – 1 1/2  cup

 Thick Coconut  Milk – 1 cup

Thin coconut milk - 2 cups

grated coconut – 1 handful

 Elachi (Cardamon) powder – a generous pinch 


 METHOD


1. In a heavy bottom pan add half cup of jagerry and water and make syrup and filter it.

 2. In the same pan add 2 cups of water  , let it boil, add rice flour, grated coconut , stir continuously to make a dough.

 3. Make small balls (Kozhukattai) out of that dough and steam cook it in a idly vessel or in a pressure cooker.

 4. In a pan take the remaining jaggery , add thin cocnut  milk to that and make a syrup. If it is so thick we can add water also. Add elachi powder to that. 

5. When it boils and the steamed balls and give a boil. 

6 Add the thick coconut milk and give a boi.

6. Pal Kozhukattai ready.

This entry goes to EFM Sweets hosted by Srilekha.

This entry goes to srivalli's rice mela

http://cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com/2008/10/announcing-rice-mela-celebrating-rice.html

6 comments:

Jeyashris Kitchen

Even my mom will do it nicely.I too make it in the same way as u said.we used to do it on an occasion named "garudapanchami",which is celebrated in the tamil month "aadi".

jayasree

Kozhakattais looks yum... Have heard so much abt this pal kozhukattais. Not yet tasted it. Should try it soon.

Priya Suresh

Simply superb Vidha..i also did the same but mine is different..tempting treats...

Mahimaa's kitchen

looks delicious Vidhas.I also love pal kuzhakattai.

Vibaas

Sweet surprise for you in my blog :)

Aparna Vijay

Yummy kozhakatai..

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP