I like this pal kozhukatai so.. much. Every time i go to my mom's place i will ask her to make it. This time with the help of my mom i just made it.
Rice flour – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
grated coconut – 1 handful
Elachi (Cardamon) powder – a generous pinch
1. In a heavy bottom pan add half cup of jagerry and water and make syrup and filter it.
2. In the same pan with the jaggery syrup add rice flour, grated coconut , stir continuously to make a dough.
3. Make small balls (Kozhukattai) out of that dough and steam cook it in a idly vessel or in a pressure cooker.
4. In a pan take the remaining jaggery , add milk to that and make a syrup. If it is so thick we can add water also. Add elachi powder to that.
5. When it boils and the steamed balls and give a boil.
6. Pal Kozhukattai ready
This entry goes to EFM Sweets hosted by Srilekha.
This entry goes to srivalli's rice mela