Sunday, November 9, 2008

BRINJAL RICE

This is one of my favourite dish. When I was in college this will be my favourite for my lunch box. Now it has become all of my family members favourite.

Ingredients
Rice – 1 cup
Onion – 1
Brinjal – 200 gms
Carrot,peas – 1 cup
Sambhar powder – 1 tbsp
Garam masala – ½ tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil, mustard seeds, red chili, curry leaves, channa dhall for seasoning
Method

Cook the rice, spread in a plate tossing a spoon of oil.
In a pan heat oil and add all the things for seasoning.
Add chopped onions and chopped vegetables and add chopped brinjals
When it is partly cooked add sambhar powder and salt.
When the raw smell gone and the vegetables have cooked add the garam masala.
Add the rice and mix well.
Serve with raita.
This entry goes to Rice mela Hosted by Srivalli.



16 comments:

Yasmeen

This looks like a delicious way to eat brinjal:)

Pavani

it looks yummy and colurful and thanks for ur lovely entry...

Mahimaa's kitchen

very healthy rice with veggies.. i would like to give this a try. thx for award dear.

Cilantro

I just made them yesterday, yet to post it though... Looks delicious.

Gita Jaishankar

This is new to me, I love the color of the rice, will definitely try this out...

ST

Brinjal rice looks very tempting and delicious...

Ramya Vijaykumar

Lovely looking rice I liked the color and its simple and easy...

vidhas

Thank you all dropping by and for your valuavle comments

Jeyashris Kitchen

I too make in the same way,but adding carrots and peas is new to me.surely will try adding all these.

Bhawana

yummmmmmmy brinjal rice. I made two times so far and it has become my favourite since then.

Recipeswap

Nice entry for Rice Mela....looks good like all your other dishes.

jayasree

Looks yummy. Ur method sounds easy with readily available powders.

Purva Desai

We call this as Vangi Bhaath.....it looks delicious and tempting

vidhas

Thank you all for spending time and for your lovely comments

Usha

Loved your version of vangi bhath, will give it a try soon :-)

Srivalli

Thanks for the lovely entries..looks good!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP