Thursday, November 20, 2008

GREEN RICE

This is on of my husbands favourite lunch box item. He is so choosy in eating green vegetables and greens. So i used to make some kind of vegetable rice or with keerai etc. I have added peas here, i use to substitute boiled chick pea sometimes. He like that combination more.

Ingredients

Rice – 1 cup
Cilantro and mint leaves – 2 cup
Curry leaves – 10 – 12
Onion - 1
Green chili – 2
Garlic – 2 cloves
Peas – ¼ cup ( a handful)
Garam masala – ¼ tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil, mustard seeds, urad dhall.

Method

1. Cook the rice and spread it in a plate tossing few drops of oil over it.
2. Combine cilantro, mint leaves, curry leaves, green chili and garlic . Make a fine paste .
3. Heat oil in a pan and tamper mustard seeds and urad dhall.
4. Add chopped onions, saute it and add the peas.
5. Add the grounded masala , salt and saute till the raw smell goes and add garam masala.
6. Add the rice and mix well.
7. Serve with raita.

This entry goes to Rice Mela hosted by Srivalli and Sappadu Ready hosted by Aartee.

17 comments:

Ramya Vijaykumar

Rice looks divine, peas and cilantro wow this is a perfect lunch box dish... I would like to receive your posts Via Google Reader pls add the subscribe via reader so I can get your posts first hand.

Gita Jaishankar

I love green rice, sometimes I used add a few fennel seeds and soya nuggests when I make these types of rice :)

Mahimaa's kitchen

pulav looks yummy dear.. its my fav.

anudivya

That looks pretty. Nice entry to the event too.

vidhas

Thank you All for your lovely comments.
Gita it is new to me and very healthy too, i will also add soya nuggets next time.

Thanks Ramya, I will surely do that.I am so happy to hear this from you dear,

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidya nice recipe.I too make it sometimes for my husbands lunch box.But kids dont like it much.the pic is tempting.I love all mixed rice

Pavani

rice looks colurful and tasty..nice entry yaar...

lubnakarim06

Wow this is really a yummy idea. Perfect and yummy lunch box recipe.

Raks

I could imagine how this rice will taste divine,looks cool!
I think I got a perfect lunch box item!

Ramya Vijaykumar

Thanks Vidha, I have subscribed for your posts...

Jaishree Iyer

Rice looks yummy..pic is tempting...Nice entry

Srikitchen

wow! looks so colorful and cool!
join in the sweet event going in my blog!

Recipeswap

Love the color.Nice lunch box dish.

Purva Desai

Rice looks yummy, its my fav rice too....

vidhas

Thank you friends for the lovely comments

Coffee and Vanilla

It sounds very interesting, if I could only find fresh curry leaves here in London...

Enjoy your day, Margot

vidhas

Thank you Coffee and Vannila

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP