Tuesday, November 18, 2008

RICE TAPIOCA VADAI


My Grandma (Dad's mom) make this on karthigai. My mom learnt all her cooking from her mother in law because her mom passed away when she was 6 months. I always think I should learn a lot from my mom, she manages everything without any tension. In this age also she tries new recipes. Now I am learning her authentic recipes.

This is my husband's favorite snack.




INGREDIENTS


Par boiled rice – 1 cup, 200 gms
Tapioca - ¼ cup , 50 to 70 gms

(Kappa in malayalam, Maravalli kilangu or Kuchi valli kilangu in Tamil)

Red chili - 3 to 4 Adjust according to taste

Salt t0 taste

Hing - one generous pinch

Oil for deep frying

METHOD


Soak rice for 1 hour and chop tapioca in to pieces.

Combine rice, tapioca, red chili, hing and salt and grind it to a thick batter.

Heat oil in an pan.

Make small balls and flatten it and deep fry it.

The vada will be fluffy like poori while frying.

Keep it in a tissue paper for excess oil absorption 





This entry goes to RICE MELA hosted by Srivalli and SUNDAY SNACKS hosted by pallavi


18 comments:

jayasree

Thats a new recipe to me. Sounds interesting.

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidya seems to be easy.but can u please tell me what is tapioca.i havent come thro the word.sorry.

vidhas

Jeyassri now i have added the tamil name in the recipe. It will be brown in color, you have to peel the rough skin and use it. I will try to upload the photo also

Sunshinemom

I am looking for tapioca here! These are amazing recipe and I just want to try them out in my kitchen - thanks:)

AnuSriram

Wow... Thats so nice.. Tempting recipe.

anudivya

Very innovative and interesting Vidhas.

Pavani

ooh...it sounds new to me...but making me to have whole plate...

Gita Jaishankar

The vada looks yummy, is there a sweet version of this vadai?

Vaidehi Bhave

wow great recipe..quick and easy snack :) love it

chakali

Mahimaa's kitchen

that's so sad to hear that ur grandma passed away when ur mom was a baby.

vadai looks super.... this is very new to me.

vidhas

Thank you all for the lovely recipe.
I don't know the sweet version in this Gita. If you come to know about that inform me.

Jeyashris Kitchen

Thank u vidya.but i dont think i will get it here.will try.

Jaishree Iyer

Kappakilangu vada is new to me..looks delicious n Sounds interesting vidas.

Srivalli

Vidhya, you sure cook some very interesting dishes!..love this!

Uma

delicious vadas! looks so mouth-watering.

Ramya Vijaykumar

lovely recipe, this is my fav...

Vibaas

Have something for you, Vidhya. Pls. check http://vibaas-world.blogspot.com/2008/11/wow-is-all-i-can-say.html

vidhas

Thank tou all for your lovely comments :-)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP