Monday, November 17, 2008

CHIKPEA SALAD


This is my husbands favourite salad for his lunch box. My kids also love this. My husband lunch box always contains a salad. One day there was nothing to keep for salad. I had some chickpeas soaked for making channa. I combined what vegetables i have , it came out so.. well.
Ingredients
Chick peas - 1 cup
(soaked and Boiled)
Onion - 1/2
Grated carrot - 2 tbsp
Cucumber - 1
Tomato - 1
Finely chopped green chili - 1
Raw mango (chopped) - 1 tbsp
Rock salt, as per taste
Cilantro for garnishing
Method
1. Combine all the ingredients and toss well to mix together.
2. If you don't have raw mango you can use lemon juice.
3. Instead of Green chili you can use pepper powder.
I am sending this entry to Vegan Ventures hosted by Suganya and Eat Healthy - Fight Diabetics Contest hosted by Sangeeth.
This entry goes to Sunday Snacks hosted by Pallavi and JFI _ Chickpea by Soetimes foodie
and to Srivalli's Legume Affair

18 comments:

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidya i too make salads often.i use peanuts,chickpeas,rajma ,sprouted moong dal also.
no doubt yours is a healthy and tasty recipe.

vidhas

Yes jayahsri, i also make with peanuts.

Mahimaa's kitchen

healthy salad.. i had posted same kind of salad using Rajma.

jayasree

Thats one healthy,filling salad.

Unknown

Looks too easy to prepare.Healthy too.

vidhas

Thank you all for passing by and valuable comments.

Priya Suresh

Simply superb...

Shama Nagarajan

hai ... a gift for u in my blog

Pavani

it looks healthy n yummy

Sangeeth

oh yummy! thanks for sending t his to eat healthy!

Recipeswap

This is a great looking salad.

Gita Jaishankar

The salad looks very colorful. I used to prepare a similar one with corn. Should definitely try with chick pea :)

Ramya Vijaykumar

Healthy and colorful salad ahve never posted a salad recipe so far shall try to post this...

Sum Raj

looks healthy and great..and also thanks 4 passing me the awards..

Jaishree Iyer

Healthy salad..looks yum n easy to prepare. Nice one!

vidhas

Thank you all for stopping my and for your encouragement.

R

Ill try this for my hubby soon... Pls visit YAAT post at my blog. I have something for you...

ms

hi again vidhas,
do you mind reposting this great salad?
best,
ms

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP