Monday, November 3, 2008

INSTANT MORKOLUMBU


Hi friends,

Our Internet was down for the past 3 days and it is on now. I was waiting to to post some recipes , here the recipes.

I usually make morkolumbu in the traditional way by soaking thur dhal, dhaniya etc. When I went to my mom's place our neighbour aunty taught me this and it's very easy and delicious too. My husband also like it.

Ingredients

Curd – 1 cup
Vegetables of your choice required pieces
(Ladysfinger(Okra), White pumpkin etc)
Turmeric – 1 generous pinch
Salt to taste
Oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves for tampering
For grinding

Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
Green chili - 1 or 2 as per your taste
Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
Hing – 1 pinch

Method

1. Grind the coconut, cumin seeds, hing and green chili and keep it aside.
2. In a pan heat oil and tamper all the things.
3. Add the vegetable , I have used Okra , saute until it is cooked.
4. Churn the curd adding turmeric powder and salt.
5. Add the churned curd to the mixture and give a boil.

6 comments:

anudivya

Instant mor kozhambu did catch my eye! I make it this way too, and we love it.

Jeyashris Kitchen

i always make moorkulambhu in this way.sometimes i add soaked toordhalor channa dhal while grinding.I dont like dhania in moorkulambhu.
One of my relative told drumstick in moorkulambhu will be so nice.I tried and it was nice.Picture looks tempting.

vidhas

Thanx anudivya, Jeyashri.
I studied in a recipe book and tried dhaniya it tasted good. You can also add vadas in this, one of my friend used to make.

Jeyashris Kitchen

u mean channa dhal vada?

vidhas

yes jeyashri channa dhall vadai. Jeyashri try moongdhal sambar too, it goes well with idlys

Recipeswap

I love this Kozhambu.......looks very nice.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP