Wednesday, November 26, 2008

VEGETABLE SEVAI AND TOMATO SEVAI


This is my kids all time favourite. Since it is a very easy recipe, i didn't want to post. But my daughter wanted me to post since it is her favourite one, her favourite vegetable semia uppa is also lying in my draft, will post later.

Vegetable Sevai

Ingredients

Rice sevai – 2 cups
( I used concord ready made sevai)
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Carrots, Peas – ½ cup
Red chili powder – ½ tbsp
Garam Masala – ¼ tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil, musturd seeds , curry leaves
Coriander leaves for garnishing

Method

1. Cook sevai as per the instructions.
2. In a pan heat oil and tamper mustard seeds, urad dhall.
3. Add onion, curry leaves. When it is done add tomatoes.
4. Add chili power and salt. Add the vegetables. (we can cook vegetables in microwave also)
5. When it is done add the garam masala and cooked sevai.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.

Tomato Sevai


This I used to make for my husband's lunch. He likes this.


Ingredients

Sevai – 1 cup
Onion – 1/2
Tomato - 1
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tbsp ( Optional)
Peas – one handful (optional)
Sambar powder – 1/2
Salt to taste
Garam masala – one generous pinch
Oil, musturd seeds, urad dhall, curry leaves
Coriander leaves


1. Cook Sevai as per instruction
2. In a pan heat oil, and pop up mustard seeds, urad dhall
3. Add Onion, ginger garlic paste.
4. When the raw smell goes add the tomatoes and peas.
5. Add sambar powder and salt.
6. When its done add the garam masala and rice.
7. Mix well and serve with raita.

I am going to send this entry to Rice Mela hosted by Srivalli and Vegan Ventures hosted by Sukanya and Sunday snacks fix by Pallavi.

11 comments:

AnuSriram

That looks tempting... I'm drooling here.. Photos are gr8!

Jeyashris Kitchen

sevai all time favourite wow.My mom used to make sevai using sevainalzhi.i think those days have gone now.we r using instant sevai.Our kids will not know even about this.

Ramya Vijaykumar

Vidha, both the sevai looks great they have a wonderful color and the kids would love to have them

Mahimaa's kitchen

Tomato sevai paaka ve romba nanna iruku :) bookmarked both sevais.. gotto try.. super recipe.

vidhas

Thank you Anu, Jeyashri and Ramya.
Romba Nanri Mahimaa.
Yes Jeaysri my mom also used to make sevai with nazhi. Sometimes i used to make with murukku acchu, but this is instant recipe.

Uma

looks so delicious and colorful.

Deepthi Shankar

looks soo yumm .. tomato sevai is new to me .. delicious dishes

Gita Jaishankar

Both the sevai dishes look so delicious, a good tasty dinner :)

Unknown

Both look colorful and delicious!

Raks

I too love sevai very much,my son call it as rice noodles;D
both versions has come out nice:)

vidhas

Thank You Gita, Deesha, Uma, Neema and Raks Kitchen.

Yes Raks my daughter also calls rice noodles.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP