Thursday, December 4, 2008

YAM ORDINARY/ KARUNAI KILANGU MASIYAL




This recipe I learnt it from my mom. My grand ma used to make this. It is so simple to make and delicious too.

Ingredients

Karunai kilangu - 250 gms
(Ordinary Yam)
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Green Chili – 2 or 3
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Hing – one generous pinch
Ginger – ½ “ piece (grated)
Lemon - 1
Oil, mustard seeds , curry leaves

Method

1. Pressure cook karunai kilangu in ½ cup tamarind extract .
2. Peel the skin and mash it.
3. In a pan heat oil and pop up mustard seeds and add green chili ,curry leaves and ginger.
4. Add the balance tamarind extract, turmeric powder, hing and salt.
5. When it boils add mashed karunai kilangu.
6. Boil until it blends nicely and add lemon juice.

Goes well with rice.
For reference I have posted the photo of Ordinary Yam.

13 comments:

Pavani

looks yummy n colurful...i love it yaar

Priya Suresh

Simple delicious Vidha...masiyal looks fabulous with lovely colour..

Gita Jaishankar

My husband loves karunai kizangu, I usually fry them in slices, this ones sounds delicious, thanks for the recipe :)

Mahimaa's kitchen

my amma also makes karnakizhangu masiyal.. nothing can beat it. it is sooooo yummy. urs loook delicious and i wanna have it now.

Jeyashris Kitchen

i make it a different way. i use lemon instead of tamrind. my mom makes in ur style. good healthy recipe.

vidhas

Thank you Pavani, Priya, Gita,Mahima and Jeyashri.

Come over Mahimaa.

Uma

looks so colorful and delicious.

Sagari

very delecious and comforting vidha

Anonymous

Something new for me,but masiyal surely seems interesting ,the colour reminds me of Dal :-)

Raks

hey this one we too make similar way...thanks for remembering me!

Malar Gandhi

I made senaikizhangu masiyal, during my last vacation(India). Probably I should try this pidi karunai kizhangu masiyal next. I luv yams of any shapes and kinds...they make good either in curry of fry.

vidhas

Than you Sagari,Alka, Malar Gandhi and Raks

Sai Messages

Karunaikilangu masiyal is tastey ,this is good for piles complaints.As you said my mom makes this so nice.

Appa

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP