Sunday, December 7, 2008

BAINGAN KA BHARTHA


This recipe I learnt when I was in Delhi. I was working there, I stayed in a working women hostel where we have to cook our food. They will provide stove. I love brinjal so I used to prepare often, so it tastes yum. My hostel friends like my preparation. My daughter loves this.


Ingredients
Big brinjal - 1
Onion – 1 big
Tomatoes – 2
Ginger – 1” piece
Peas – one handful
Chili powder – 1 tbsp
Garam masala – ½ tbsp
Lemon Juice – fewdrops
Salt to taste
Oil, cumin seeds for tampering
Coriander for garnishing

Method

1.Make a slit in the brinjal to make sure there is any insects.
2. Roast the brinjal by keeping on the flame of the stove top, turn it all the sides to roast evenly.
3. In a pan heat oil and pop up cumin seeds.
4. Add finely chopped onions and ginger.
5. When it becomes translucent add chopped tomatoes and peas.
6. Add chili powder and salt.
7. Meanwhile remove the outer skin and mash the brinjal.
8. When the raw smell goes add the garam masala.
9. Add the mashed brinjal and add little water.
7. Cook until it blends nicely.
8. Remove from the fire and add the lime juice.
8. Garnish with Coriander leaves.

Goes well with roti and bread.

This entry goes to RCI Awadhi cushine hosted by Siri's Corner and Lakshmi.

25 comments:

Mahimaa's kitchen

simple and yummy!! looks good.

vidhas

Thanx for your quick response

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidhya looks so delicious. I tried this first time after seeing in vibbas blog.it is differnt.bookmarked

Cham

Delicious and should be great with roti

Pavani

looks yummy n making me hungry here..

Anonymous

I am yet to try out bartha as subzi,coz till date we make it as chutney,like the coriander chutney,just that instead of coriander leaves we grind roasted or boiled brinjals
This is in my TO-MAKE list ans i m gonna try it very soon !

lubnakarim06

Wow looks yummy and spicy.

Raks

For me bhartha never comes in this colour ya,i would try ur recipe nxt time I make:)

AnuSriram

Thats looks lovely!

vidhas

Thank you Jeyashri,cham,Pavani, Alka,Lubna, Raks and Anu

Pavani

thank u very much yaar.. for ur lovely comment

Jaishree Iyer

Bhartha looks yummy and spicy..

Anonymous

Looks so yummy vidhas.

Anonymous

You have a nice blog with great collection of recipes.

Purva Desai

Baigan Bhartha is cooked once in a week at my place....baigan look propelry smoked.....

Enjoy the festivities by participating in Christmas Feast Event

Sharmi

what I do is bake it in the oven. its easy and saves time:)

Seena

Thanks Vidya for the wishes!
really loved this brinjal curry, hope to try once.. :)

Deepthi Shankar

i love this .. i wish i could have it right now .. looks very nice

vidhas

Thank you Deesha, Seena, Sharmi, purva, jaishree and Anonymus.

Come over deesha.
Since i don't have a oven i use stove Sharmi.

Sanghi

You have excellent recipies. Keep it up!

Priya Suresh

I always love baingan ka bhartha with my rotis..lovely n looks prefect..

Adlak's tiny world

Nice bharta... check out my blog. some thing new and spl waiting for u.....

Dori

I love eggplant, and my daughter eats it if I don't tell her what it is... Looks so good!

vidhas

Thank you meeso

EC

Looks good..thanks for the entry

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP