Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CHICKPEA BONDA

This recipe was my experiment. One day i made chickpea cutlet , it came out well. My husband said the another day I want something fried for snacks. I make masala vadai usually. Since boiled chickpea was in the fridge I thought i will make like vadai recipe. I put the vadai's for deep frying , after some time nothing was there in the oil, everything disappeared. :-( . Then I thought for a while, and vadais became Bonda. Now my recipe.



For the batter

Besan – ½ cup
Rice powder – 1 tbsp
Chili powder – ½ tsp
Salt as per taste

For the filling
Boiled chickpeas – 1 cup
Onion – 1
Grated carrot – ½ cup
Chili powder – ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying



Method

1. Combine besan, rice powder,chili powder , salt and add water and make a batter.
2. Combine all the ingredients given for the filling and mix well.
3. Make small balls and dip in the batter and deep fry it.



This entry goes to 1. JFI - Chickpea hosted by Sometime Foodie,
2.
EFM - Savouries - Srilekha
3. FIC - Yellow by Sunshinemom
4. Winter treat event by Trupti
5. Legume Affair hosted by Srivalli and Susan

28 comments:

Gita Jaishankar

Chick peas bonds sounds delicious. Looks crispy...a very healthy one Vidhas :)

Anonymous

Interesting and feel like having one..makes me hungry

Shama Nagarajan

yummy bonda........lovely

Unknown

Very delicious and innovative,i like anything chickpea. Nice entries for events..

Anonymous

It looks lovely. Did U know that we get something very similar to this in the street sides of Kolkata? Its called "Fulury" .. yours look exactly like & I am so craving these now.

Cham

Look like ulundu bonda , delicious looking one

Mahimaa's kitchen

great idea and healthy too. looks inviting.

Sanghi

Looks perfect Vidhas.. Also nice idea to post for three events. congrats! I'v posted a new entry in my World treat blog.. Do check out..!

Sunshinemom

Vidhas, Thanks for the popular and delicious entry! One of these days my family is going to scream at me seeing these round ups - I make this once in a blumoon:)

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidya very innovative. so far i have never made bondas at home.This is very tempting.Will surely give a try

vidhas

Thank you all for your lovely comments

Jaishree Iyer

Bonds sounds delicious. Looks crispy..vidhas

Jaishree Iyer

Bonds sounds delicious. Looks crispy..&perfect vidhas

Uma

looks so delicious!

Pavani

looking yummy and nice snack for evening yaar..

Bindiya

my mouth is watering!delicious!!

Priya Suresh

Bonda looks scrumptious n prefect for winter days...am drooling rite now here...

vidhas

Thank you gals for your lovely comments.All can comeover to have bondas

lubnakarim06

Wow soft and yummy bonds. I want them now....

Gita Jaishankar

Thanks a lot for sending the link dear :)

LifenSpice

looks delicious!feel like taking a bite right away:)

Vaishali

I've only had potato bondas before, and chickpea bondas sound like a healthful, delicious variation on those. They look gorgeous.

Trupti

bondas looks very delicious..you can send this entry to Winter Treat Event too

AnuSriram

Looks delicious! Tempting!

KonkaniBlogger

Perfect for this weather..Looks delicious..

Nithya Praveen

I am coming right now:-P

vidhas

Thank you all for your lovely comment

Sunshinemom

Sorry! I got them wrong earlier - these are chickpeas inside bondas? Wow - very innovative!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP