Friday, January 16, 2009

VEGETABLE GRILLED SANDWICH


This is my daughter's favourite. I used to give without toasting only, but i had once in some chat counter, I toasted it, it tasted yum, and my daughter loved it.


Ingredients

Brown Bread – 8 slices
Butter as required
Onion – 1
Cucumber – 1
Carrot – 1
Tomato – 2 ( medium)
Salt and pepper powder

For Green chutney

Coriander – ½ cup
Mint leaves – ½ cup
Green chili – 1
Lemon juice – few drops
Salt to taste

Method

Green Chutney

Combine all the ingredients given for the chutney in a mixer and grind it.
We can keep this in the fridge ready for 3 or 4 days.








Sandwich

Apply butter on both the sides and apply green chutney on one side.
Chop the vegetables in circle shape.
Arrange the vegetables in the bread and sprinkle salt and pepper over that.
We can toast the sandwich in the toaster or you can have as it is.

This entry goes to Bread Mania hosted by Sindura and EFM Savouries hosted by Srilekha and i make it for my daughter she loves it so it goes to Just for you hosted by Alka.

18 comments:

Anonymous

Yes we too make roasted version of this,beetroot,cucumber and onion thts wht i like to stuff my sandwich with
Thanks for the entry and regarding gram flour in theplas, i generally add 1 cup of wheatflour for every 2 cups of besan,but this ratio varies from person to person.I realised that if i add more of wheatflour,theplas turn out softer..not a thumb rule ,just my observation !

Gita Jaishankar

The sandwich looks delicious Vidhas, I too used to make sandwiches with mint or coriander chutney with slices of tomato...

Anonymous

vidhas,its a regular here..

AnuSriram

That a lovely sandwich! Can i have one?

vidhas

Thank YOu Alka, Gita, Ann and Anu.

vidhas

Yep, Anu come over. Not one you can have as much you want.

Raks

Good one Vidhya! sounds good!

SMN

Yummy my personal favourite also

Unknown

looks yumm. I can have this anytime of the day..

Priya Suresh

Those grilled sandwiches makes me hungry Vidha, its my fav one too...

Shama Nagarajan

sandwich looks yummy......with mint chutney...lovely

Sunshinemom

Read Alka's observation - I second that too:)

My daughter makes this sandwich for us:) Nice one!

vidhas

Thanks you Raks, SMN, Priya,Shama, Sowmya and Harini.

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidya i too make it in the same way. my daughter loves that. and sometimes i grate carrot and beetroot paneer,capsicum and make a masala out of that and stuff inside the bread and put it in the sandwich maker. even i m big fan of sandwich.ur s look delicious.

Mahimaa's kitchen

those are lovely sandwiches.. looks yummy.

Premyscakes

Hi Vidha, this lovely sandwich is one of my favourite. I used to apply tomato and chille+garlic sauce+green chutney and cheese. It tastes soo.. good.
cheers

Jaishree Iyer

Lovely sndwiches..Looks yum & makes me hungry vidhas:)

Yasmeen

That's a classic tea time sandwich,Yum!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP