Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MY 100TH POST - MILK BURFI

A Small Thank You Note

I am so happy to post my 100th post. I thought I will celebrate it , by giving a feast for eyes to all by blogger friends. My sil Vibaas started her blog, I really don’t know what is blog etc before I saw her blog. I was so exicted and ask her about that, can I do something like this. She included me in her blog as author, and I was contributing recipes there. She told me if you want to have your own space, you start a blog, I will help you. Really I am so lucky to have a sister in law like her, lots of things she helped me. She uploaded widgets for me, she taught me how to send entries to events etc. I learnt a lot and got so many blogger friends, lots of recipes.

Thanks everyone , for the support given and encouragement. I should make even more friends in future
.



This sweet is my mom’s signature dish. She prepares a lot during diwali period. I tried once when I got married and this is my second time. I added slightly less sugar , the burfi’s had awesome milk flavour, but it was slightly chewy. My kids called it as milky bar Chew ( One variety in Cadbury Chocolate). If you add more sugar the burfy will be hard like other burfi’s. Every one like this but it is little time consuming, but its really worth trying.

Ingredients

Milk – 4 cups
Sugar – 1 cup ( I used ¾ cup)
Ghee for greasing the plate


Method

Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and keep in a low flame. Let it boil nicely.when it becomes thick and the quantity is reduced into half add sugar.

Stir it , so that it wont stick at the bottom of the vessel.

When It become thick, stir continuously , drop it in the greased plate, if you can roll it like a ball, it is ready you can transfer to the greased plate, and when make pieces.


This burfi is taking part in Recipes for rest of us - Desserts hosted by Varsha and Ramki.
This recipe I learnt if from my mom, Patti's (Grandma) Burfi for Janani/ Gautham , so it goes to Cooking for kids with love hosted by Pritya.
Also, this entry goes to cooking with luv for luv hosted by Priyanaka and just for you by Alka.

36 comments:

Raks

Congrats and you are so luck to get a sis in law like this:)
Palgova looks so yummy! Looking forward for more recipes here and wish our friendship lasts life long :)

Poonam

yummy burfi..literally drooling!!!

Recipeswap

Congrats on your 100th post....so lucky to have a s-i-l who helps you out...kp up the good work!

Adlak's tiny world

congrats on your 100th post dear.. my best wishes for you to grow more and more in this blog sphere.

nice recipe will try and let u know.

Trupti

Congratulations on ur 100th post. Barfi looks very delicious

Preety

congrats on your 100th post..keep up a good work with your fantastic recipes..barfi looks delicious..you are really lucky to have such a nice sister in law..

Anonymous

Congrats on your 100th post dear..keep going and yes,vibaas is wonderful..am taking my portion from the plate..hurray.

Priya Suresh

Wow congrats VIdhya..milk burfi looks delicious...need to give a try soon:)

Varsha Vipins

Th burfi looks awesome!!!..I was an avid lover of Peda one time..reminded of it now..congrats on ur 100th post..way to go Vidhya..:)

Vibaas

Congrats on your milestone Vidhya. Milkybar choo looks yum.

It's my pleasure to help with the blog, dear :)

Cham

Looks so good ur sweet and congrats on ur century. I always got confused with both names Vidhas and Vibaas! Only blog I look the profile pict to clear.

Jeyashris Kitchen

we used to call this as milk peda.use condensed milk.u will get it done quickly.mouthwatering.
congrats on ur 100th post.Wish u many more years of blogging.

veggie belly

What a nice sister in law you have! Congratulations on your 100th post!

vidhas

Thank you friends for the support and looking forward the same in the future.
Raji our friendship will lost long.

Unknown

burfi looks yumm..and congrats on reaching your mile stone..

sriharivatsan

My hearty congrauts on your 100th post..Wish you to achieve more and more like this..

Burfi looks delcious and awesome..

Sanghi

Hi Vidhas, Congrats on your 100th post! Kindly pick ur award from my blog..! :)

vidhas

Than ks you Sowmya, Sriharivatsan and Sangi.

Srikitchen

a very nice sis in law for u!
congrats on ur 100th post!
keep rocking girl!

vidhas

Thank you Srilekha.

Nithya Praveen

Congrats on your 100th post,wud love to read more n more of ur blog postings:) All the best.Milk burfis are my dad's fav...will make it wen i go to India next.Wonderful Vidhas!

Mahimaa's kitchen

congrats on your 100th post! keep it up and looking forward to more from you.


just milk, sugar and ghee? i am wondering how u were able to cut into pieceS? won't it become like thiratipal when milk boils continuously?

vidhas

Thank you Mahimaa and Nithya.
Mahi it wont turn like that.

suvi

congrats on your 100th post!love burfi, yours looks so yum :)

AnuSriram

Congrats on your 100th post! Burfi looks awesome!

Yasmeen

congrats on milestone 100 tasty posts.Nice to know Vibaas is your SIL.Please trail back for my
token of gratitude

vidhas

Thank tou Anu and Yasmeen.

Swapna

Congrag... Simple & delicious dessert. Love to eat this:)

Unknown

Hi vidhya,
congrats for ur 100th poszt..yes it looks like milky bar, as janani and gowtham says

vidhas

Thanks you Nandini, And swapna.

Madhu's cooking gallery

Thanks for your encouraging comments!

Congrats on your 100th post Vidha! With so many wonderful, mouthwatering recipes, no wonder you have got so many awards!

Lakshmi

I adore milk based sweets and that burfi looks soo good :)

vidhas

Thanx Madhu amd Lg.

Sharmi

congrats on the 100th post!! halwa looks yummy! thanks for the contribution.

Anonymous

Hi Vidhya,

I have missed so many new bloggers and you have 100 posts, great! Milk burfi is new and something I should try :)

Anonymous

I was extremely pleased to find this page. I need
to to thank you for your time due to this wonderful read!
! I definitely liked every little bit of it and I have you saved as a favorite to see new stuff on your blog.
Also visit my homepage ... weight loss clinics

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP