We celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary today. Nine years with two lovely kids, life is cool. My mother in law prepared this kesari for us. This is my favourite and I asked her the recipe she told she will prepare and its her signature dish. I tried one sweet and it came out well I will post it later.
Rava / Sooji - 1 cup
Sugar – 2 cup
Water – 1 to 2 cups
Kesari colour – one generous pinch
Cardamom powder – one generous pinch
Ghee – 3 to 4 tbsp
Cashew for garnishing
1. Heat one tbsp of ghee and roast the cashews and keep it aside.
2. Heat 2 or 3 tbsp of ghee and roast the sooji nicely, it should not turn browm.
3. When the sooji is nicely roasted keep it aside and boil the water in the pan.
4. When the water boils add the roasted rava and stir to avoid lumps.
5. when the rava is cooked add the sugar and stir nicely . If you want add some more ghee , garnish with fried cashews.
This lovely orange keasri in going to be a part of FIC - Orange hosted by Aparna and Harini.
Also it goes to Recipes for rest - desert of us hosted by Varsha and Ramki.
Kesati has made by Patti ( Grandma) for Janani / Gautham, so it is particpating in Cooking for kids with love hosted by Pritya.