Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dosa Pizza

Thank you friends , for the lovely comments for the template. All the credit goes to my husband. When he was searching and asking me suggestions, my daughter was watching all that. She was nagging me for so many days after seeing her cousin Ashwin’s blog. I was somehow managing saying yes, I will do it. Finally she asked her father to do, he has done in few minutes. She loves Barbie and she wanted a Barbie template. He has done for her. Hmm, I was asking him for so.. many days, but when come to daughter, it took only few minutes. My sweet daughter’s blog “My Own Space in the Web”, Kindly check it out.

Coming to my recipe, last week I was so tried I can’t even think of any snacks for the evening. I had dosa batter in the fridge, so I made this , my kids liked so much, they finished in few seconds. Next day for breakfast when I made dosa, my lil one asked amma, are you going to make dosa pizza again!!

Ingredients

Dosa batter
Cheese
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Corn – one handful
Capsicum – 1
Spinach ( palak) - one handful
Tomato sauce
Oregano

Method


Chop the onion, capsicum into lengthwise, chop tomato into cubes.
Combine, onion, capsicum, corn and spinach in a microwave safe bowl, smear a few drops of
Olive oil and cook for 2 minutes in micro high.
Heat a griddle and spread dosa batter as a thick layer.
Spread the vegetables over the dosa. My daughter likes crispy tomatoes so I add the cubes of tomato for her.
For my son, I spread tomato sauce and spread the veggies over that.
Spread the grated cheese over the veggies, sprinkle oregano, if you want spicy you can sprinkle chili flakes too. Close with a lid, cook until the cheese melts.
Delicious dosa pizza is ready in minutes.

39 comments:

Recipeswap

This is different and looks wonderful and colorful.your daughter must have enjoyed this!

Varsha Vipins

Oh..you are on tricky mom..he he..no1 can say no to that Dosa now..:D..Il use this trick to lure my kids in future..:D

Uma

wow, dosa pizza looks good Vidhas! Mouth-watering.

New template looks so bright and pretty. Btw, just visited your daughter's blog and left comments. These days kids are faster than us, aren't they?

FH

Oh, that's so nice. Never thought Dosa pizza. Yeah, got to make the dosa thick to carry all that yummies on top. Looks great! :))

Will check your kid's blog. My daughter has a Anime blog too but she won't let me look at it or don't know where it is!! Teenagers!!!;D

Poornima Nair

This is definitely much healthier than the traditional pizza...looks delicious...Visited Janani's blog...very cute:)

Trupti

Vidhya, Dosa Pizza looks very delicious & easy to make.

Janani's blog is also cute. Love the joke

AnuSriram

Wow.. such a nice idea! Looks colourful! Will try that for my kid ;D

Pooja

Easy recipe..Nice post vidhas.....

Mahimaa's kitchen

that is super creative!!!

VIDYA VENKY

lovely pizzas...my mouth is watering...one piece is for me

Pavithra Kodical

Wow this template looks very bright and beautiful.I am sorry vidhas i missed your previous post.

Dosa pizza sounds great.Very creative indeed :)

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidya very innovative dish. surely kids like this.will visit janani's blog.btw how is the little monster!!

vidhas

Thank you all for the lovley comments and thanks for visiting Janani's blog also.

Shama Nagarajan

lovely idea dear.....colourful dosa

sriharivatsan

wow, dosa pizza looks good, very creative.. Even in tiredness, your mind catches the innovative things..Thatz really appreciated..Superb Vidhya.

Preety

nice twist on pizza..

lubnakarim06

Wow simple and delsih....

Priya Suresh

Very creative..looks delicious...check my blog for something...

Adlak's tiny world

hm new n cool template and lovely kids blog.. kalakitta po... dosa pizza looks superb in this new tmeplate..

Indian Khana

That's a wonderful idea ....looks so gud and yummy..

vidhas

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

Divya Kudua

Lovely Do-zza[dosa+pizza;-)]..I am sure your kids would have gobled it down..great tea time snack!!

Madhu's cooking gallery

Hey, that's a nice trick Vidhya! Dosa looks so colorful and Yummy! Can't wait to try this for my son! super yummy yum recipe Vidhya!

vidhas

Thanks Divay and Madhu.

Deepthi Shankar

I loved yr new layout .. cool idea with dosas

Sum Raj

woo nice and innovative...kids will love to have..

Swapna

Wow! wht a innovative idea. dosa pizza is looking absolutely delicious & attractive. Kids love this...

suvi

super idea!

Gita Jaishankar

WOw dosa pizza, love it. I like your new template Vidaas. I saw your kid's blog just now... its so sweet...

Jaishree Iyer

Wow!Dosa Pizza looks very delicious & easy to make.Very creative.superb vidhya!

Anonymous

Wow,great idea dear...Healthy and kids friendly.

vidhas

Thank you friends for the lovley comments,

Saritha

Loved ur template as well u daughters template,left a comment there and following her as well.
Lovely dosa pizza, will try it

vidhas

Thanks you Varunavi.

Padmajha

I don't think we should confine this to 'kids fav' coz I would love to grab a bite too :)

vidhas

thank you padmaja, yes i also love this.

Chitra

oh,thats a very gud idea vidhas:)never thought of this!!great:)

vidhas

Thanks Chitra.

Shobha

Hello Vidhya, This is my first time here. You have a nice food blog here. Dosa Pizza looks like a great idea. And congrats for all those awards!
Regards,
Punam (foodmazaa.blogspot.com)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP