I learnt this from the TV show Pengal.com in Mega Tv. I regularly watch that program In that one lady Mrs. Meena used to do lots of dishes, I think she has lived in abroad for so many years and now she has settled in India. I have tried lots of dishes and all came out Yum.
There was an annual programme in Janani's music class , when we went there I saw this lady I was surprised. After long time hesitation i spoke to her and told her I love her programme. She was so happy . Her son who is 11 years old and Janani is in the same batch and they performed. She live in the same street where our house was.
I am leaving to Coimbatore tonight and will be back on 8 th may. I think I can go to browsing centre and check my blog but i can't visit your blogs.
Basmati rice - 1 cup
Corn - 1 cup
Onion - 1 medium size
Paneer - 1/2 cup ( for garnishing)
Pepper - 1/4 tsp ( I used Italian seasoning)
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Green chili - 2 ( slit length wise)
Salt to taste
Cashew - 10 for garnishing
Butter , oil - for cooking
1. Soak in a micro safe bowl the corn adding some water.
2 .Cook basmathi rice and sprinkle few drops of ghee and mix it so that it won't stick together.
3. Cook the corn in microwave with the water for 2 minutes.
4. Heat butter and roast the cashews and keep it aside.
5. In the same pan add oil and add Onions and green chili and saute.
6. Chop paneer n to small pieces , fry the paneer pieces in a non stick pan adding salt and Pepper powder ( I used Italian seasoning)
7. When the onions are turned pink add the corn after draining the water.
8. Add Garam masala, salt and saute.
9. After the masala's raw smell goes, add the cooked rice and mix well.
10. Garnish with Paneer and cashew.
Goes well with Raita or plain curd.
Aam Panna - Raw Mango Drink
I learnt this from my friend Bhawana. I like this so.. much it is so refreshing.
Raw mango - 1
Sugar - as per taste
Pepper powder - one pinch
Chat masala - one generous pinch
1. Peel the skin and cut the mango in to big chunks and boil it.
2. Make a sugar syrup (only to dissolve the sugar) . Mash the Boiled mango to make a pulp and ad that to sugar syrup.
3. Adjust the sugar as per the sourness of the mango.
4. Add chat masala and pepper to that.
5. serve chilled.
A lovely Award
Priya Sriram and Sangi has passed me this beautiful Award. Thank you so.. much, and I am honoured. :-) I would like to pass it to all my blogger friends.
I request all my friends to visit the link and accept my award.
This entry goes to CFK - rice hosted by trupti and 15 minutes cooking by Mahi.
Corn Pulao is taking part in Lets go nuts Cashew hosted by Poornima.