Friday, October 9, 2009

RAJMA AND PASTA SOUP AND AWARDS

Soup with bread toast is a comfortable meal for us during the evening. When I gone through Shabs Italian bean and pasta Soup, i found it very interesting and yum. I replaced chicken stock cube to Vegetable stock cube and fresh kidney beans. i served with Brown bread toast. My kids enjoyed the soup by dipping the bread into soup and relished.


I was receiving lots of spam comments to a particular post. I moderated by adding the word verification , now I am not receiving spam comments.








Ingredients



butter - 1 tbsp


carrots thinly sliced - 1 cup

onion sliced thin - 1/2 cup

Garlic - 2 finely chopped


tomato - 1 chopped


tomato puree - 1 tsp


Red Kidney beans - 2 cups (soaked overnight and boiled)


Green Peas - 1/2 cup


Vegetable Stock cube _ 1 ( Maggi)


Pasta - 1/2 cup


salt and pepper



Method



1. Heat a pressure pan , melt the butter and Onions, garlic and carrots. Ad tomato and tomato puree and saute until tomato is soft.


2. Add beans, peas and stock cube and water.


3. Add the pasta shapes, when it boils adjust water and close the pan and give 2 whistles


4. Adjust salt since stock cube consists salt and add pepper powder according to taste.


This is taking part in these events:


1. JFI Rajma hosted by Divya of Dil Se started by Indira


2. WYF - light meal hosted by Easy crafts.

3. My Legume Love Affair hosted by Cook sister started by Susan.


AWARDS.

Sree Vidya of Vidya's Kitchen passed me this award, thank you vidya , I am so happy.



I would like to give a Giant near hug to my friends;
1. Shanthi Krishnakumar, Shabs, Aysha, Padma, Shama nagarajan, Priya, Raji, Uma, Jeyashri suresh, Prathiba, Lata Raja, Gita, Neema, Sangi, Sowmya, Nithya, AnuSriram,Jaisree,poornima , Varsha

,
Shanthi has given this award for participating in Duseera, Diwali event hosted by her. I am so happy to be a part of the event.


27 comments:

Jaishree Iyer

That looks absolutely yummy. Very tempting Vidhas.. Congrats on your award! Thanks for sharing with me dear:)

Priya Suresh

Healthy and delicious soup...looks fabulous VIdhya..

Pari Vasisht

Hi Vidhas. The soup looks nutritional and filling, perfect light meal.
Incidentally I have also posted a risotto with beans, check out if you like.

Recipeswap

This soup looks so comforting and filling.Good one.Congrats on the award and for thinking of me.

Poornima Nair

That soup looks yumm, really tempting. Congrats on the awards and thanks for sharing.

Gita Jaishankar

THe bean and pasta soup looks so comforting Vidhya...congrats on your award dear...thank you so much for sharing these with me :)

Pavani

HI vidhya hru...
Rajam and pasta soup is tempting me..n healthy one for children ...

Shanthi Krishnakumar

Thank you for the award and remembering me

Shanthi Krishnakumar

By the by the soup is very different and think it will be tangy too

Shabs..

Hi vidhu...
Thanx alot for the giant bear hug.....Im passing the same to u...:)That soup looks very nutritous and has comeout....i made it twice and then forgot about it in the haste of trying out new dishes.......hehe....i will make it again this week soon....thx for reminding....
Hugs..
shab..

Dori

Congrat's and that's a great soup :)

Unknown

yummy soup..thanks for the award..and congrats to you too..

Uma

that's a yummy soup!! looks soo tempting Vidhya!!

Congrats on the award and thank you so much for thinking about me :)

Srikitchen

looks delicious!

vidhas

Thank you all for the lovley comments and support. It is my pleasure to share the award with you .

vidhas

Thank you all for the lovley comments and support. It is my pleasure to share the award with you .

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidya new recipe of soup. loks yummy. Surely it will taste nice with bread toast. Thanks for sharing the award with me. Feel delighted

Sanghi

Delicious recipe.. congrats and thanks for the award da!

AnuSriram

That sure is comforting! Congrats on ur award and thanks for sharing with me.. :)

EC

Thats a very healthy one..thanks for the entry and congrats on the award

ashsdelicacies.blogspot.ca

Congrats on ur awards and thanks a lot 4 remembering me Vidhas...

Shama Nagarajan

yummy delights dear..please do participate in my first cooked food event...check my blog for details

Malar Gandhi

Nice recipe...love it.

Jaishree Iyer

Wish u & your family Happy Diwali!

Premyscakes

great looking!!!

vidhas

Thank you buddies for the lovely comments!!

Varsha Vipins

Sorry akka ..am late to collect..was sick n down n not checking blogs..Thanks a lot for that bear hug..a big hug back to u too..:)
hope you,hub n kids are doing grt n had a grt diwali..:)
tc

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP