We celebrated our 10th Anniversery on Feb 7th. I made this halwa. This recipe i got from my friend's MIL, who makes awesome sweets, the highlight of this it needs less effort in string the halwa. I was planning to make it for Diwali but i could not . so I made this for this occasion and it turned so well.
Samba Wheat - 100 gms
Sugar - required quantity
Ghee - 200 gms
Keseri powder or red colour - one generous pinch
Cardamon powder - one pinch
Cashews for garnishing
1. Soak the Wheat overnight and grind it to a paste.Keep it aside for 1 hr. After that you can see the water will come up, strain that.
2. if the paste is 1 cup add 3 cups of sugar and mix well, add the colour.
3. Keep this in a vessel and close with a lid and keep it in a pressure cooker as we do or making rice.
4. when the steam come out in a high pressure from the cooker put the cooker weight and keep the flame in Sim. Cook for 35 minutes in the low flame.
5. when you can open the cooker transfer to a heavy bottom pan and add 1/2 cup ghee ( cup in which u measured the paste) and cook well, mix it nicely.
6. Add ghee if its Sticks to the pan.Add the cardamon powder.
7. When it come without sticking in the pan transfer to a greased plate.
8. Garnish with Cashews.