Chennai is so.. hot. Kids are having holidays and always making be busy.Their school reopens only on June 21st. I am getting tried with them but they are not tried.
I learnt this from my sister. It is a quick meal and a healthy one too. When we are in a hurry to cook and not compromising in health benefits, this is a really good choice.
Rice - 1 cup
mixed vegetables like corn,
carrots, capsicum, peas, - 1 to 11/2 cup
Onion - 1
Green chili - 1
chili powder, salt to taste
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
oil, jeera for tempering
1. In a pressure pan add oil and pop up cumin seeds.
2. Add chopped onions , when it becomes transperant, add the chopped vegetables, green chili and saute well.
3. Add chili powder, salt , garam masala and saute well.
4. Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
Serve with raita of your choice.