Saturday, August 28, 2010

MANGO THOKKU AND AN AWARD

Mango thokku is my husband's favourite for curd rice. I made this in summer vacation when the mangoes are in season. First time i made this and it came out very well. My paternal grand ma makes excellent pickles. It will last for years, she make all kinds of south Indian pickles. Since she is no more I asked this recipe from my aunt and made it. Here is the recipe.











Ingredients

Mango grated - 6 cups
Chili powder - 1 cup

salt - 1 cup ( adjust to your taste0
Gingelly oil
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
hing - 1/2 tsp


Method

  • Dry roast fenugreek seeds  and ground to powder.
  • Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds , when in crackles add grated mango.
  • When it is cooked add chili powder, salt and hing, stir often and cook well.
  • When it cooks well and the oil comes out add the powdered methi powder and mix well.
  • Store it in a clean air tight container.
  • Goes well with dosa, curd rice, adai etc.
       Niveditha  has showered an award.   I am so happy to receive this and thanks a lot Niveditha.




I would like to Share this award with my friends.

  1. Niti
  2. Chitchat
  3. Srimathi
  4. Lata Akka
  5. Jeyashri
  6. Priya Suresh
  7. Raji
  8. Srivalli
  9. jayshree
  10. priyadharshini
  11. priya
  12. Mahimaa 

19 comments:

Srivalli

Thokku looks good Vidhya..thanks for the award..

Ms.Chitchat

Lip smacking tangy thokku. Perfect combo curd rice and thokku. Thanks for the award :):)

veena

Thokku looks mouthwatering and congratulations on your award

Chitra

I luv this a lot.. Congrats on ur award :)

Sadhana Valentina

Lovely thokku dear!!! congrats on the award

Nithya

Yummy pickle. I am in a total pickle spree too :) will surely try to make it.

And congrats on your award dear. You truly deserve it. Thanks a million for remembering me too :) Thats a perfect surprise and I am way too excited for it :) Thankss again :)

Indian Khana

Yummy ..I love too ...Congrats on ur award

vidhas

Thank you so much friends for the lovley comments.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen

Yummy thokku Vidhya. Congrats on ur award and thanks for sharing it with us!!!! :)

Raks

I too make almost the same way,looks mouthwatering :) Thank you so much for the award Vidhya:)

Priya Suresh

Mouthwatering mango thokku..thanks for sharing the award Vidhya..Congrats..

Ramya Vijaykumar

Congrats on your award and the mango thokku looks very delicious and mouth watering!!!

vidhas

thanks buddies :-)

Jayanthy Kumaran

Mmmm...sounds delicious...will try it soon..!

Satya

hi vidhas
first time to ur blog ...u got a beautiful space here ...love ur collection of yummy recipes ...that mango tokku looks super delicious ,my all time favorite too ...n congrats dear for ur award ...happy to find u
if u get time do visit my blog

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

lata raja

Congrats Vidhya! the thokku looks a sure hit with thayir sadham.
Thank you for passing the award to me.

Unknown

Hi Vidhya,

My first time here...Your recipes are yummy...congrats on your award!!May you get many more...

Valthukkal...

Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Shanthi Krishnakumar

Lipsmacking and favourite of mine. looks delicious

Mahimaa's kitchen

hey thanks for the award.. appreciate it.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP