When i was studying my graduation i saw this recipe in a leading Tamil television, i tried it. It came out very well. My Brother in law, my cousins and and my husband's cousins also like this.
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Potato - 3
Ginger garlic paste – 2 Tbs
Chili powder – ½ tbs
Turmeric powder – ½ tbs
Gram masala – 1 tbs
Cumin , coriander powder – 1 tbs
Salt to taste
Coconut – 1 cup
Saunf seeds – 1tbs
Green Chili – 2
Oil, Cumin seeds,curry leaves
1. Boil , peel and mash the potatoes.
2. Grind coconut, saunf,green chili to a paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan and season jeera and cumin seeds.
4. Fry onions , ginger garlic paste and tomatoes.
5. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder,
coriander powder and saute it.6. After it leaves oil add mashed potatoes.
7. Add the grounded paste and if the gravy is thick add water and cook well.
8. When the gravy boils well , garnish with coriander leaves.
It goes well with Roti, Poori, Idly and dosa.