Sunday, October 19, 2014

MOONG DHAL LADDU

 
 
Time to reveal the secret ingredient given my Anu Kolan. She gave me moong dhall and jiggery. Usually I make payasam , but this time I  tried this laddu, it was yum and protein rich and iron. Since I used organic jaggery  it is dark.
 
 
 
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
 
Moong dhall - 1 cup
 
Jaggery - 1cup (I used Organic)
 
Elachi powder - one pinch
 
Cashew - few
 
Ghee  - 4 to 5 tbsps.
 
 
METHOD
 
Heat one tea spoon of ghee in a pan and roast the moong dhall.
 
Grate the jaggery. Ground the moong dhall to powder.
 
Mix powder and jaggery and cashew and ghee.
 
Make  laddu out of it.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

All Seasons Catering Perth

Wonderful recipe. Although I am based in Perth, where I am the proprietor of All Seasons Catering a local catering company, I spent much time in India and still experiment with Eastern cuisine. I will caertainly give this recipe a try - not for my customers but for me!!!

Joanne T Ferguson

G'day one word? YUM and congrats on completing this months' challenge too!
Cheers! Joanne

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP