Wednesday, November 12, 2008

AVAL /RICE FLAKES KESARI




My little one was troubling me one day for having sweet. I try to convince him but he was not getting convinced. My mom used to prepare this in minutes. So i prepared fast and gave it to him, but nothing was there for garnishing. Since it is a easy recipe i thought of sharing.

Ingredients



  • Aval -/ rice flakes – 1 cup
    Sugar – 1 ½ cup
    Ghee – 1 cup
    Cardamon powder – a generous pinch
    Food colour - one pinch
    Cashew, Dry grapes for garnishing

    Method
    In a pan heat ghee and fry aval for few minutes.
    Simultaneously boil a cup of water.
    Add the water in the aval.
    Add sugar and stir well, and cardamom powder and the food colour.
    Add ghee and stir nicely, when it comes without sticking your kesari is ready.
    Garnish with Cashew and dry grapes. ( I don't have on that day)

This entry goes to EFM Sweets hosted by Srilekha.

This entry goes to Rice Mela hosted by Srivalli.


Also i am sending this entry to Sunday Snacks - Fix it hosted by pallavi and this entry goes to

Challenge hosted by Veda Murthy

14 comments:

AnuSriram

That looks colourful and delicious...
Check my blog, i have something for u..

Mahimaa's kitchen

Wow.. something new to me. loooks very rich. simple and yummy. feel like having it right now!

vidhas

Thank Anu and Mahimaa for your wonderful comments

Jeyashris Kitchen

hey vidya its new to me.both my kids r fond of sweets.I have never tried kesari in aval.will surely try.

Pavani

looks yummy n delicious ...

Srikitchen

Join in the Sweet Event going in my blog!
http://srishkitchen.blogspot.com/2008/11/efm-event-for-month-november-with-theme.html

Seena

Aval kesari? didn't even think it.. :)

Thanks for the feed back and link, Vidya,
will try to send, nowadays am little bit lazy to participate in events.. :)

Recipeswap

This is super simple and lover the color.

Gita Jaishankar

The kesari looks so mouth-watering.. Ideal dish to make when you are in a rush for anything sweet :)

Sum Raj

looks delicious and great idea of making sweet with rice flakes..

Mahimaa's kitchen

thanks a lot dear for voting.

Jaishree Iyer

Aval kesari looks colourful and delicious...

jayasree

I first ate this at a relative's place and i took the recipe and tried it too. I give the roasted flakes a run in the mixer. Yours have come out well. Next time i shall follow ur method.

Srivalli

lovely idea to make kesari

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP