Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BANANA PANCAKE


Pancakes is my kids favourite. Usually I will buy the ready mix and mix eggs with that and I will make. Somehow I did not like the smell of eggs. Watching the cookery show is my favourite hobby. I watched this recipe in a tamil television and I wanted to try it. The recipe said of adding walnuts, nutmeg etc, I did not have , I modified in to banana pan cake. Here, we don’t have maple syrup so I served with honey. My daughter liked with tomato sauce?! She wanted to call as Homemade pancakes!!

Ingredients

Banana – 2 (riped)
Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup
Yellow Corn flour – ¼ cup
Powdered sugar – 4 to 5 tbsp
Baking powder – ¾ tbsp
Milk – 1 cup (as per requirement)
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Vanilla essence – few drops

How to make Pancakes

1.Mash the banana. Combine mashed banana, all purpose flour, yellow corn flour, baking powder, powdered sugar, butter.
2. Add milk and make as the dosa batter. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes. ( I have kept for about 30 minutes)
3. Add the vanilla essence and mix well. If you want to add walnuts you can add in this stage, grate the nutmeg and add. ( a Pinch)
4. Heat the tawa and make pancakes.
5. I served with honey.

This entry goes to FIC - Yellow hosted by sunshinemom, Cooking for kids hosted by Preety and Just for you by Alka.

29 comments:

AnuSriram

Looks delicious.. Nice idea!

Raks

I have heard but dint had the recipe,thanks for posting Vidhya! My hubby would love this!

Mahimaa's kitchen

awesome pancakes.. enaku romba pudikum. eggless recipe a? very nice.

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidya my kids too love sweets. will surely make it.

Anonymous

looks yummy.we too make it often,in a diff pattern though.

Vijitha

Hi Viba
This is my first time here. U have a lovely space. I am sure that I will be visiting u often.

Yummy post n lovely looking pancakes.

KonkaniBlogger

Isn't it fun when kids like soemthing ? I make similar way too, but without the corn flour, add raisins while blending n some on top. Yours look lovely..

vidhas

Thank you Anu, Raji, Mahimaa,jeyashri, Ann and Vij, for your lovely comments.

Ashu's Mom

haha vidhya, can't u guess why janani ate with tomato sauce? She's sridhar thatha's pethi after all and ashu's cousin. they gotto have wierd taste :D

Vidya (using ashu's profile here...)

Unknown

nice recipe..looks yumm

Sunshinemom

They looks nice, soft and fluffy! Good one again:)

Priya Suresh

Soft n fluffy pancakes prefect for breakfast n also for dinner, looks great Vidhya..

Shama Nagarajan

this is yummy..inviting

Jaishree Iyer

Pan cake looks nice, soft and fluffy!nice entry vidhas:)

Unknown

I like this recipe a lot...makes me want to go make some now. Thanks for sharing!

Yasmeen

Vidhas,About your query on the sweet potato pancake recipe,baking powder adds extra fluff to the pancakes cannot replace the egg.You can use Ener-G Egg Replacer or a tablespoon of Flax seed meal instead or try with 2 tablespoon of cornstarch or half a mashed banana .Hope that helps dear:)

vidhas

Thank you Yasmeen for the reply , surely will follow the tips.

vidhas

Thank You vidya. Harini, Shama,Jaishree, Desmone,Priya and sowmya.

Gita Jaishankar

Kids are sure to love these delicious pancakes, bananas and cornmeal to pancake batter does sound very intresting...

Shreya

i have never made banana pancakes! really like the recipe. will try it for sure:-)

Nithya Praveen

Lovely idea,looks good.This is a great stuff for kidos!

Varsha Vipins

wow..yummy pancakes..the combo of banana with the flour must be lovely indeed..:)
BTW,did u send in nything for the RFRU dear?cos,i saw ur comment that u r participating,but dint see ny entry so far..
tc:)

vidhas

Thankf you Gita, Shreya ,Nithya and Varsha.

I am going to send Varsha.

lubnakarim06

Wow yummy and kid friendly....

Pavani

thank u very much...for ur concern..
pancakes are really superab yaar...

vidhas

Thank Pavani and Lubna

shaikh

thanks for such wonderful recipe. but i m confused about yellow corn flour. what is this yellow corn flour because i have never heard about it. yet i can imagine - do u mean by custard powder? pls clearify this point.

vidhas

Thanks Shaikh. I have updated in your blog.

vidhas

Icould not able to comment mr. Shaikh, the yellow corn flour is the one which we get from grinded the corn kernels. I bought it from nilgiri s supermarket in chennai. It is yellow in colour, the regular one will be white in colour.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP