Sunday, January 25, 2009

CHICKPEA PARATHA


My daughter’s favourite for lunch box is stuffed parathas. If I will give rice, somehow she manages to get it back without finishing. I will give a stuffed paratha with curd or raita, salad. SO that will be her complete meal. Always I used to store boiled chickpeas in my fridge. Since my husband likes rice for his lunch, I prepare him some vegetable rice, channa puloa etc. One day I prepared Tindora Rice and I added some boiled chickpea, he liked it. So I thought of stuffing chickpeas in paratha’s and my daughter liked it so much and she said it tasted yum. I was so happy to hear her appreciation.

Ingredients

Boiled chickpea – ½ cup mashed
Onion – ½ finely chopped
Chili powder, salt , garam masala as per taste
Coriander leaves – few
Chapathi dough as required
Oil or butter for toasting

Raita

Curd – ½ cup
Cucumber – 1/4 cup finely chopped
Pepper powder – one pinch
Chat masala – one pinch
Black salt – as per taste

Method

Combine the mashed chickpea, onion, chili powder, garam masala salt and coriander leaves.
Roll the dough in to a medium size chapathi and keep the stuffing inside and
Close the chapathi and roll it.
Heat a tawa and toast the paratha using butter or oil.
Combine all the ingredients given for raita and mix well.


This is taking part in CFk - wheat hosted by sireesha started by sharmi











This entry goes to JFI – Chicpea of sometime foodie and Legume affair hosted by Srivalli and Susan







I am sending my Chickpea Salad for the events.


26 comments:

Premyscakes

paratha looks great and very healthy too. will give a try for sure.

Dori

That's an awesome looking lunch! I was thinking about parathas and raita today... and I LOVE chickpeas!

Anonymous

wow nice vidya,y daughter too love chick peas.will give a try.

Raks

Paratha using chickpeas sounds so simple and should give it a try,nice entry for the events!

vidhas

Thank YOu meeso, Raji,Premyscakes and Jeyshree.
Jeyashree give atry and let me know.

Anonymous

Its chickpea everywhere now it seems !! this is such a cute recipe full of vitamins..loved.

Mahimaa's kitchen

great idea to add protein to roits. good one.

Jaishree Iyer

Awesome! looks great and very healthy too..Nice entry:)

Unknown

nice idea..looks yummy with that raitha..

Priya Suresh

Very healthy n delicious parathas Vidhya...

Gita Jaishankar

Great idea Vidhas, this roti and a vegetable curry covers all the food groups for lunch..good one :)

Shama Nagarajan

new healthy recipe..lovely

Shama Nagarajan

new healthy recipe dear..lovely

AnuSriram

This is new to me... will surely give it a try! Your salad looks so colourful and tempting!

Pavani

hi yaar.. today we r posting same paraths with different combination..ur looking yuumy yummy...
as my healthy is not feeling..iam not able see ur blog yaar... these days

vidhas

Thanks you friends for your lovely comments.

Vikis Kitchen

what a healthy paratha. Nice dish for a lunch box too. Yummy.

Bindiya

Thanks sooo much for the award dear, btw chickpea salad and paranthas both look mouthwatering!

vidhas

Thanks viki,Srilekha and Bindiya.

Yasmeen

unique! parathas with chickpeas,bookmarked:)

ms

Hi vidhas,
this is an interesting filling for paratha. Thanks for sending in this delicious entry to JFI Chickpea!
best,
ms

vidhas

Thank you Yasmeen and Ms. Yasmeen try and let me know

Recipeswap

What an interesting recipe.never thought of stuffing chickpeas in rotis.Will surely try and let you know.

vidhas

Thank you n33 ma

Andhra Flavors

Wow intresting stuff for paratha.

Madhu's cooking gallery

Different one here! Too good!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP