Friday, January 23, 2009

PANEER BHURJI ON TOAST AND PANEER PARATHA AND AN AWARD

Paneer is my daughter's favourite. Since it contains milk protein , I used to make her sandwiches, parathas etc. I read this recipe in one book and i thought of making it, my daughter liked it so much.


Ingredients

Paneer – 1 cup crumbled
Onions – ½ cup chopped
Tomatoes – ½ cup chopped
Ginger – 1” piece chopped
Green chili – 1 chopped
Turmeric powder – one pinch
Chili powder – ½ tsp
Oil and salt
Method

Paneer Bhurji

1. Take the oil in a microwave safe bowl and add the onions and microwave on high for three minutes, stirring once after ½ minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, ginger and green chili and turmeric powder. ( I avoided green chili because I made for kids)
3. Add the paneer and mix well.

For the Toast

1.Using the grill+ oven option , preheat the oven for 5 minutes.
2. Place the bread slices on the metal rack and using the oven and grill option toast for 5 minutes , till they are crisp and lightly browned.

Top the panner Bhuji on the toasts and garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
(I did n’t have cilantro on that day)

The recipe includes ¼ capsicum chopped, since I did n’t have on that day , I skipped it.
This recipe goes to Cooking for kids hosted by Preety, FIC Yellow by Sunshinemom, MEC - Paneer by Raji and Bread Mania by Sindura.

Paneer Paratha
This is my daughter's lunch box favorite. With cucumber salad, she love to take it for her lunch box.

Ingredients

Onion – ¼ chopped
Panner – ½ cup crumbled
Chili powder, garam masala and salt to taste
Oil, cumin seeds

Method

Heat oil in the pan and add cumin seeds, add onion and saute it.
Add the chili powder, salt and garam masala.
After the raw smell gone, add the paneer and mix well.
Stuff inside the paratha and toast it both sides.
This entry goes to Just for you hosted by Alka.

Vibaas passed me this refreshing award , thank vidya it is a great honour to me.



I would like to pass this award to my new blogger friends Sabitha, Sowmya, Roochi, Raji Pavithra, Vaishali, Nithya, Aquadaze, and Bindya, pritya, Premyscakes.

29 comments:

lubnakarim06

Never heard of paneer raita... Burji makes me drool.....

Cham

I also posted paneer dish :) Love the paneer over bread!

Preety

My family is also a big fan of paneer like the idea of using in a toast

AnuSriram

Thats a wonderful snack and a delicious paratha! I'm craving for paneer bhurji right now!

Priya Suresh

Woww, send me some slices with paneer bhurji Vidhya..am also a great fan of paneer, hey awesome entry for all those events, very clever yaa:)..paneer paratha looks great..

Pavithra Kodical

Congrats for the award :)

Healthy and tasty food for the kids..Will try paneer paratha sometime :)

Gita Jaishankar

Congrats on your award Vidhas, nice dishes, love the paneer burji on toast...

Anonymous

Hi Vidhas, that is a good looking snack that I am sure most children, and adults would love...your blog looks very neat and attractive.

Anonymous

I too love paneer dear..looks yum yum..
Congrtas on the award..Go on and grab more.

vidhas

Thanks all of you for the lovely comments and support.

Anonymous

Hi Vidhaas...how lovely of you. Thanks and cheers!

Pavithra Kodical

Thank you so much Vidhas for the award.I am so happy as it happens to be my First Award..Can you please send me you Email address to pavithra.kidiyur@gmail.com.

Usha

Paneer bhurji on toast looks yum and inviting...loved the besan kheer below, so unique and delicious :-)

Shama Nagarajan

wow..lovely recipes..drooling

Premyscakes

Luv the bread with paneer.
Thank you sooo... much for passing the lovely award to me.

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidya such a nice entry to the event.i m a great fan of paneer.will try soon.

Unknown

love paneer so mush..this one looks so yumm..
congrsts on your award..and thanks a million for thinking of me..

Raks

Thank you Vidhya,for the cool entry for the event! Glad that ur daughter liked it!,Thats wat we want rite? :)
And thanks so much for the award too:)

vidhas

Thank you all for the lovely comments. Yes raji thats what we want it. It is my pleasure to share with you all.

Bindiya

i too love paneer, these toast look really good,never tried microwaving first,thx for both lovely recipes

Sunshinemom

Toast looks great - let me try that slice so I can let you know immediately;)! PAneer paratha is relished by my kids too. Thanks for your support with so many entries for FIC!

Srikitchen

Check out EFM-Savory sreries round up and join with us in EFM-Microwave Oven series!

suvi

Hey congrats on your award and thanks for passing it to me! Hugs!!
And the paner bhurji looks yum. Nice idea to use it on toast.

vidhas

Thank you all for the lovley comments.

Mahimaa's kitchen

wow.. looks very tempting. i love paneer too :)

Chitra

Hey vidhas,congrats on ur award!!Nice yummy recipes.never heard of both the recipes.do visit my blog at ur free time:)will feel happy:)

Unknown

thanks for the award dear..very precious to me..

vidhas

Thank you Mahi and chitra. Sowmya it is my pleasure

Nithya Praveen

Thanks so much.You are the first one to actually give me an award....thanks again:) Feel great
!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP