Tuesday, March 31, 2009

NUTRITIOUS BROKEN WHEAT PULAO

I learnt this recipe in Snegithi Book. One Friday my husband had for official dinner and i made this for dinner for kids. They like it. After that i have made twice everyone liked it. My Mil liked it so.. much, my father came yesterday I made it both my parents were impressed. I have done some minor changes . It is very ideal for lunch box too.

Ingredients

Sambha Rava / Broken wheat – 1 cup
Onion – 1 chopped
Cabbage – ½ cup Shredded
Carrot – ½ cup chopped
Green chili – 1 or 2(cut lengthwise)
Peas – one handful
Capsicum – 1 small chopped
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Clove, cinnamon stick – each 1 (I used Shahi Biriyani Masala)
Salt to taste
Oil cumin seeds for tempering
Cucumber – 2 finely chopped
Curd – 1 cup
Black salt, cumin powder, pepper powder as per taste



Method


1. Heat oil in a pressure pan and splutter cumin seeds add green chili.
2. Add onions saute. Add Ginger garlic paste and saute.
3. Add all the vegetables and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the broken wheat and saute for 5 minutes.
5. Add 2 ½ cups of water and salt.
6. Close the lid and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, not necessary to leave whistle.
7.For raita combine cucumber, salt, cumin powder, pepper powder and curd.

This is taking part in CFk - wheat hosted by sireesha started by sharmi


This is going to take part in Monthly mingle 31 kids lunches hosted by Srivalli started by Meeta. and also taking part in JFI – Wheat hosted by Roma's Space and Tasty bytes for Toddlers hosted by PJ.

38 comments:

FH

Looks yum. I want to try this with Bulgur, wonder if it works! :)

VIDYA VENKY

looks sooo delicious

Priya Suresh

Healthy n nourishing food vidhas!

Gita Jaishankar

I too love this pulav Vidhas, this is very ideal for diabetics too, very healthy. I like your idea of using briyani masala, next time I will try out your version :)

Cham

Such great healthy lunch :)

Lavanya

looking yumy vidhaas..perfect for the events!!

Mangala Bhat

Wow ! vidhas ..u have a nice blogh ..This recipe looks healthy and yummy Thanks for the recipe :)
Thanks for stopping by :)

vidhas

Thank You Asha, Vidya,Cham, Lavanya, Mangala, Priya and Gita.

Pooja

Healthy and tasty dish...looks yumm vidhas...

Sanghi

Healthy delight Vidhya!:)

Jeyashris Kitchen

vidya long time back i saw this recipe in a blog.but forgot to try. will try soon. very healthy one.

Priya Sriram

Looks like it has been a hit at your house! :D
Healthy entry Vidhya, so will bookmark it! :)

Unknown

nice recipe...will try it sometime ..

vidhas

thanks Pooja, Priya, Sowmya, Jeyashri and Sangi.

sriharivatsan

This one is my favourite...Even i use MTR pulao masala..Healthy recipie...Supera iruku parka..

vidhas

Thanks You vidhya

Ammu

My amma use to make this often. I didnt try this. I think i forgot. Nice u see ur recipe back. Very cute.

Shama Nagarajan

a delicious healthy pulao

Ashwini

Healthy and nutritious..Looks yumm

Yasmeen

wonderful broken wheat pulov,I usually makes soup with bw,would love to try this recip:)

vidhas

Thanks you Ammu, Shama, Yesmeen and Ashwini. Ya smeen try and tell me.

Deepthi Shankar

this one is absolutely healthy .. good post

Rajee

So healthy and yummy, vidhas. I too posted entry for cracked wheat.

Poornima Nair

Thats a perfect meal...looks delicious.

Anonymous

Helathy no doubt..looks great too !!

Mahimaa's kitchen

healthy indeed.. looks delicious for sure.

Lakshmi

This indeed makes a filling and healthy lunch.

vidhas

Thanks Rajee, Deehsa, Mahimaa. LG and Poornima.

Sangeetha

vidha thanks for visiting my blog....and also for your lovely comment. yep i did see your blog..it is the same:) and by the way you have a lots of kid recipe verities & i would surely try them....and lots of other recipes too

This wheat pulao looks yummy & nutrtious.....few new ingredients for me...thanks

vidhas

Thanks Sangeetha.

AnuSriram

Yummy recipe.. Love this!

Madhu's cooking gallery

I love this too! Looks delicious!

Vrinda

Hi Vidhya Thanks for visiting my blog...Broken wheat is one of my fav so i always make upma with it..Healthy pulao..

vidhas

Thank you Vincent, Anu, Vrinda, Madhu

Recipeswap

Nice and different pulau also so healthy a much better option than rice.Good Job on this!

vidhas

Thanks Neema

Srivalli

Great option..thanks for sending!

Rekha

What a coincidence, I was just planning to try pulav with broken wheat and bumped into this recipe, looks delicious.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP