I learnt this recipe in Snegithi Book. One Friday my husband had for official dinner and i made this for dinner for kids. They like it. After that i have made twice everyone liked it. My Mil liked it so.. much, my father came yesterday I made it both my parents were impressed. I have done some minor changes . It is very ideal for lunch box too.
Sambha Rava / Broken wheat – 1 cup
Onion – 1 chopped
Cabbage – ½ cup Shredded
Carrot – ½ cup chopped
Green chili – 1 or 2(cut lengthwise)
Peas – one handful
Capsicum – 1 small chopped
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Clove, cinnamon stick – each 1 (I used Shahi Biriyani Masala)
Salt to taste
Oil cumin seeds for tempering
Cucumber – 2 finely chopped
Curd – 1 cup
Black salt, cumin powder, pepper powder as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pressure pan and splutter cumin seeds add green chili.
2. Add onions saute. Add Ginger garlic paste and saute.
3. Add all the vegetables and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the broken wheat and saute for 5 minutes.
5. Add 2 ½ cups of water and salt.
6. Close the lid and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, not necessary to leave whistle.
7.For raita combine cucumber, salt, cumin powder, pepper powder and curd.