I tasted mamoos when I went to Delhi for vacation. Me and my daughter loved it. Last week I was thinking what to make for evening snack she asked me why can’t you make Mamoos. I saw this recipe in a blog and in a TV show also. Usually I keep stock for chapatti dough in Fridge. I thought let me use that instead of All purpose Flour. It also tasted good, but all purpose flour is best, but healthy version is Atta. I made it for my daughter for lunch too.
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Cabbage – 1 cup grated
Carrot – 1 cup grated
Ginger – 1” piece (crushed)
Green chili – 1
Salt to taste
1. Knead the wheat flour as a dough with salt and water
2. In a pan heat oil and add ginger green chili.
3. Add the cabbage and carrot, salt and saute until it is cooked
4. Make a chapatti with the dough, I used a cup to cut into round shape, and keep the veg mixture in the centre and fold from all the sides
5. Steam this in the idly cooker.
6. Serve with chili garlic chutney. (I served my kids with tomato Sauce..
This is taking part in CFk - wheat hosted by sireesha started by sharmi