Monday, March 30, 2009

WHEAT VEG MOMOS

I tasted mamoos when I went to Delhi for vacation. Me and my daughter loved it. Last week I was thinking what to make for evening snack she asked me why can’t you make Mamoos. I saw this recipe in a blog and in a TV show also. Usually I keep stock for chapatti dough in Fridge. I thought let me use that instead of All purpose Flour. It also tasted good, but all purpose flour is best, but healthy version is Atta. I made it for my daughter for lunch too.



Ingredients.

Wheat flour – 1 cup
Cabbage – 1 cup grated
Carrot – 1 cup grated
Ginger – 1” piece (crushed)
Green chili – 1
Salt to taste
Oil


Method

1. Knead the wheat flour as a dough with salt and water
2. In a pan heat oil and add ginger green chili.
3. Add the cabbage and carrot, salt and saute until it is cooked
4. Make a chapatti with the dough, I used a cup to cut into round shape, and keep the veg mixture in the centre and fold from all the sides
5. Steam this in the idly cooker.
6. Serve with chili garlic chutney. (I served my kids with tomato Sauce..

This is taking part in CFk - wheat hosted by sireesha started by sharmi
This is going to take part in Monthly mingle 31 kids lunches hosted by Srivalli started by Meeta. and also taking part in JFI – Wheat hosted by Roma's Space and Tasty bytes for Toddlers hosted by PJ.

37 comments:

Jeyashris Kitchen

very new dish, good that janani likes that.will try for my kids too

vidhas

That was Quick Jayashree. Try and let me know.

VIDYA VENKY

lovely idea for my tomorrow;s evening snack......

Raks

I too want to try this out! sounds healthy and looks cute too:)

Pooja

New to me...looking delicious..

Priya Sriram

Wonderful and innovative entry for kids Vidhya! :)

vidhas

Thanks Vidya, Raji, Pooja and Priya.

Priya Suresh

Vidhya u r pulling me to try this healthy steam cooked wonderful dish...WIll try soon..

Suparna

hi vidhya,
I make modaks from wheat flour...u've made a healthy option for veg.momos using atta..lovely, they look perfect and yummm...
TC

delhibelle

wow, you made whole wheat momos..they look delicious!

Manju

nice idea to make them with wheat flour!! we were to go for a momos dinner on sunday, but couldnt..cant believe i missed it! :(

Unknown

nice healthy one..for how long should they be steamed..like how is the texture after you steam them??

Chitra

Hmm,looks nice vidhaas,will try soon:)

Unknown

wow.. nice entry.. looks yummy dear..

Shama Nagarajan

delicious recipe dear

FH

Clever idea to make use of Chapatis, looks delicious! :)

Ashwini

This is something new..It looks wonderful and delish.

vidhas

Thank You friends for the lovley comments.

Anonymous

Thats such an intelligent idea Vidhas..looking truly innovative !!

AnuSriram

This is new to me... Looks lovely! I thought it is a sweet on seeing the picture...:)

Cham

Nice one and i haven't tried it yet! Delicous

vidhas

Thanks Anu, Ann and Cham

KonkaniBlogger

I love these, my Nepali neighbour used to make them, with all-purpose flour though and non-veg.

Poornima Nair

Love momos too...they look healthy and delicious.

vidhas

Thanks Poornima and Maya

Gita Jaishankar

This is a very new dish to me Vidhas, looks delicious and healthy too :)

Varsha Vipins

tats a grt one dr..healthy..:)

vidhas

Thanks Gita and Varsha.

saffronapron.blogspot.com

Hi vidhya,
Thanx for visiting my space. I like your blog too. And I love momos too. Will definitely follow ur space to see all the wonderful recipes you have to share:)

vidhas

Thanks Smitha , iam honoured.

chef and her kitchen

Momos with atta is indeed a great idea...!!Need to give a try

vidhas

Thanks Prathibha

Madhu's cooking gallery

this is new to me.. looks delicious and healthy. will try it sometime!

vidhas

Thanks Madhu

BD san

Hi Vidhya
Tried your recipe today.
Tasted wonderful.
As I avoid eating cabbage, I made the filling with onions, french beans, carrots, ginger & garlic.
Thanx
Bharati

SHYAM

Today i first time taste mamoz

SHYAM

Today i 1st time taste mamoz, really chillied snack i eat ever

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP