Thursday, April 9, 2009

ROTI AND RAJMA

My aunt makes rajma so.. well. I like it so much. When we visited her, she served us her signature dish. My daughter loved too. She asked me to prepare for her lunch. Usually her lunch will be chapati or parathas. Since I want to give her a nutritious lunch, I buy whole wheat and add 200 gms of soya bean and 200 gms of Channa to 3 kilos of wheat and grind it in machine(Chakki).I feel her protein supplement has also taken care. With cucumber raita or plain curd with salad (snack), her balanced lunch is ready.




Ingredients

Wheat flour – 1 cup

Rajma (kidney Beans) – 1 cup

Onion – 1Tomato – 2

Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp

Chili powder – 1 tsp

Salt to taste

Garam masala – ½ tsp

Oil, cumin seeds for tempering

Cilantro for garnishing

Method

Knead wheat by combing with water and salt to make a dough.

Soak rajma for 8 hours and pressure cook adding salt

Heat oil in a pressure pan and pop up cumin seeds.

Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste.

When the raw smell goes, add chopped tomatoes.

When it leaves oil, add chili powder, salt and garma masala.

Cook for some time and add boiled rajma and give two whistles.

Garnish with cilantro.

Serve with Roti.

This is going to take part in Monthly mingle 31 kids lunches hosted by Srivalli started by Meeta. and also WYF Side dish by Easy crafts.

42 comments:

FH

Title itself makes me drool. Love the combo of Rajma and rotis, looks yummy! :))

Pooja

Nice entry vidhya..Recipe is simple...

Mahimaa's kitchen

simple and tasty dish... this combo makes me hungry.

Gita Jaishankar

I love rajma, ideal curries for rotis, looks delicious dear :)

Recipeswap

I love Rajma too ad when kids like it,it feels so good right?good job!

Ammu

Wow! lovely combination. Love ur way of cooking.

Cham

Radjma and roti looks absolutely delicous

Uma

Nice idea to add soya and chana to wheat! I will do the same for my kids too! Thanks Vidhya!

Rajma curry look mouth-watering. That's a delicious plate of lunch! :)

Dori

I like the flour you make for your breads... Rajma is one of my favorites :)

Mangala Bhat

wow ! nice i live hat palte ..looks soo yummy :)

Jeyashris Kitchen

rajma is my daughter's fav. i too make it for her lunch. and adding soya flour ,will it make any difference in taste.i bought the flour and it was lying down.

Priya Sriram

Wow, thats a nice tip for kids lunch (wheat, soya bean, channa)! Btw, the dish looks gorgeous and yumm Vidhya! :)

FewMinute Wonders

Looks good. I dont mind having some for dinner now. smiles...

Ramya Vijaykumar

Hey all the best Vidhas, Rajma looks nice and wonderful garnishing...

sharada

hi,
even i posted rajma curry 2 days back on my blog.
Your thali looks great - roti,rajma & dahi complete healthy meal.

Varsha Vipins

wow..pass me that plate Vidhyakka..am so hungry now..:)

vidhas

Thank you buddies for the lovley comments.

EC

Nothing can really beat the taste of rajma...thanks for participating

Manju

my mom used to add soy flour to atta while making rotis. Wonder why i never do that. Thanks for reminding me about that. A little extra protein intake will defenitely help me! :)

Suparna

Hi,
It's an all time comfort food, really healthy and filling.Dahi roti rajma god it's heaven..
TC

Poornima Nair

What an awesome meal...looks delicious.

Sunshinemom

Wah wah!! Subhanallah:)

Anonymous

Lovely combo vidhas..I love Rajma too..both looks awesome there

vidhas

Thanks EC, Harini,Suparna, Superchef, poornima and ANN.

Priya Suresh

Rajma n roti goes absolutely delish together..thats looks gorgeous vidhya:)

Unknown

looks delicious..i love the rajma with chawal combination a lot too..

VIDYA VENKY

lovely recipe...kids r surely gonna love this

AnuSriram

Best combo! Looks gr8!

Premyscakes

looks awesome and would love to have that plate right here.
cheers.

Shama Nagarajan

yummy healthy combo..delicious dear

Unknown

yes a very helthy meal and a very perfect combo that plate looks so inviting

vidhas

Thanks you all for the lovley comments.

Jaishree Iyer

Lovely combo..Looks delicious...is is my fav too vidhya:)

Raks

Lovely combo! Looks very tempting!
U know I am remembering a joke from Abhiyum Naanum...:D Hav u watched that movie by any chance?

vidhas

Thanks you Jaishree and Raji. Raji i have not seen that movie.

passionforlife

Hi Vidhya,

I use the same recipe for making Rajma. But even after its cooked in the masala, rajma has a raw taste, as if the masala doesnt get inside.. or like the flavours doesnt mix! Can anything be done.? Kindly help!

vidhas

Thanks Passion for life

Shilpa(passionforlife)

Hi Vidhya,

Thanks for the reply about Rajma(read it on Mishmash's) :) Will try next time and let you know ..

Deepa Hari

Simple and delicious...Love the platter Vidhya.

vidhas

Thanks Shilpa and Deepa

Madhu's cooking gallery

Healthy and tasty dish!! Love this with rice too!

Avisha

We Sindhi's make something similar to this.Its a favorite at home.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP