Sunday, March 22, 2009

POORI MASALA / POORI ALOO

This is every body's favourite in my family. Sometimes, i make this for breakfast, but most of the times I make for lunch. My daughter loves this. When she was in kg i used to make her poori in different shapes, now she can take the normal ones. My Lil one also likes this so.. much.

Ingredients

Wheat flour - 2 cups
Sooji / Rava - 2 tbsp
Potato - 3 or 4
Onion - 1 ( big)
tomato - 1 ( medium)
Green chili - 2 to 3
curry leaves - few
salt to taste
Turmeric powder - one generous pinch
oil for frying
Oil , mustard seeds, urad dhall for tempering
cilantro for garnishing



Method

1.Combine atta, sooji, salt and water , and make a dough for poori. Adding sooji makes the poori stay fluffy for longer time. Make small pooris and deep fry it.

2. Boil the potatoes , peel the skin and cut in to small pieces.

3. Heat a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, urad dhall and curry leaves.

4. Add the chopped onions , turmeric powder and saute well. Add green chili, finely chopped tomatoes.Saute .

5. Add the potatoes, salt and mix well. Sprinkle water and cook for sometime until it blends nicely. Garnish with cilantro.

This is taking part in CFk - wheat hosted by sireesha started by sharmi

This is going to take part in Monthly mingle 31 kids lunches hosted by Srivalli started by Meeta. and also taking part in JFI – Wheat hosted by Roma's Space and cooking of kids - Potato hosted by Deepa started by Sharmi.

32 comments:

Anonymous

Everybody's fav vidya..great click..!!

Mahimaa's kitchen

poori masal is loved by all ages, isn't it? looks delicious and perfect.

Raks

Poori masala is all time hit and most of us love it:)

Madhu's cooking gallery

Hmm yummy Vidhya, my all time favorite! always a hit with the kids right? Your's looks perfect! sapida varalama?

Shama Nagarajan

hai dear..u r tempting me with this lovely recipe

Pooja

Looking so tempting vidhya......

Jeyashris Kitchen

my son's favourite.whenever we out to have food,he will order poori only.looks tempting.

Premyscakes

Poori masal is my fav dish and always i wish to do this as quick dish when unexpected visitors for dinner.

Bindiya

Delicious!,my all time favorite!loved the fluufy pooris vidya

Gita Jaishankar

Poori masala is my absolute comfort food, after seeing that picture, I think its time for me to start preparing poori masala for breakfast today :)

vidhas

Thank you friends for your lovley comments.

Jaishree Iyer

All time favorite!looks perfect!you r tempting me to have poori with masala right now:)

Trupti

puri masala all time fav..looks very delicious

Preety

i had the same in my draft and thinking of posting this week..yours look so yummy..love to have some now..i think these kind of meal are so perfect for weekend to enjoy

Vani

A universal favorite, right?! Looks wonderful :)

Ashwini

Wow so yummmyyy..My all time favourite..

Dori

Perfect lunch, looks so tasty!

Poornima Nair

We had Poori bhaji for lunch yesterday and yet this is tempting me. Looks yumm.

FewMinute Wonders

Could never resist poori and masala.Infact just puri with sugar would be even better esp when they are hot. The photo captured the puri very well

Lavanya

poori masala looks awesome vidhya..nice click too!!!

vidhas

Thanks you gals for passing by and for the lovley comments. Yes, everybody likes poori, who will say No !?

Cham

Who says no to this tiffin? Yum :)

Pavani

looking yummy n mouthwatering pooris with aloo

Varsha Vipins

Yummm..I remember Vibaas also posted this sometime back..:)

Sanghi

Excellent lunch..! Good work dear!

vidhas

Thank you alll for the lovley words. Yes, Varsha viya posted a month ago.

Recipeswap

This is my fav breakfast too....yummy!

Adlak's tiny world

hey same pinch.. give me sweet da. jus i had the same for my dinner.

AnuSriram

Yummmm! Poori masala is my fav! Nothing can beat this combo! Looks delicious!

vidhas

Thank you Neema, Hema and Anu.

Deepa Hari

Puri aloo looks yummy Vidhya...My fav. too...never tired of having it...been a while since i made puri...feel like having one now...Thank you Dear for the lovely entry.

Gita Jaishankar

Sure dear, I would love to meet you soon :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP