Today is 3rd day of blogging marathon. This kulambhu is a big hit in my family. My kids love this. Protein packed sambhar. The urandai or dal balls is a fantastic side dish with curd rice. My lil one love this combination.
Onion – 2
Tomato - 1
Tamarind extract - 1 cup
Thoor Dal – ½ cup
Channa Dal – ½ cup
Green chili as required
Sam bar powder – 2 tsp
salt to taste
Coriander leaves - handful
For seasoning oil, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves,cumin seeds
- Soak both Dal for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Grind it without adding much water.
- Add finely chopped onions , green chili, salt, and coriander leaves
- Make balls with the mixture.
- Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds , fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
- Add tomatoes , sambhar powder and fry it.
- Add tamarind extract, salt and boil it.
- The consistency should be thin compared to ordinary sambhar. Add water if it is thick.
- When the sambhar boils add 4 Dal balls , when it comes up you can add more.Add in batches .
- When the balls are cooked (Check by piercing with a fork). it is ready to serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves