We make this paruppusli when we make moar kulambhu or vatha kulambhu, which has no dal in that. To compensate protein in our diet.
cluster beans - 250 gms
thoor dhall - 1 cup
chenna dhall - 1/2 cup
red chili - 2 or 4
hing - one pinch
salt to taste
oil, mustard seeds, urad dal for tempering
- Soak both Daals for ½ hour
- Cut the cluster beans and steam it.
- combine soaked dal, salt, red chili and salt and pressure cook it or cook in a microwave.
- Let it become cool.
- Scramble the cooked Daal.
- Mix cluster beans and scrambled dal.
- In a pan add oil and add mustard seeds , curry leaves.
- When it cracle add the mixed dal
- cook in sim for 10 to 15 minutes stir in between.
- You can replace beans, cauiflower or plaintain flower etc.
- If you keep the steamed dal in fridge , scrambling will be easy.
- You can cook the dal and keep it in the fridge overnight.
Check out what others are cooking in the blogging marathon # 12 ,