Today is the last day of blogging marathon. I am so happy to be a part of this marathon. Thanks Valli for organising such a wonderful marathon.
My friend Preethi told that she will make Idli with green moong dal. I thought I will also make but i had my own doubt , my husband and kids wont like the colour. So i made this Idli but served as Kothu Idli. They liked so much.
INGREDIENTS FOR IDLI.
Green moong dal - 1 cup
Eno salt - 1 tsp
Green chili - 1
Salt as required
How to make Idli
- Soak the green moong dal for 1 hour.
- In a mixer add green chili, salt and moong dal and grind.
- Before making idlis add eno salt and make idlis.
Tomato - 2
Sambhar powder - 1 tbsp
salt to taste
garam masala - 1/2 tbsp
Oil, mustard seeds , urad dhall, curry leaves for tempering
- Chop the idlis in to small cubes.
- Heat a kadai with oil and pop up mustard seeds add urad dhall and curry leaves. Add onions and saute till they turn pink.
- Add tomatoes and saute.
- Add Sambhar powder and salt and saute
- Saute till the raw smell goes and it leaves oil.
- Add the chopped idlis and add little water and close with the lid.
- After 2 minutes the yummy kothu lidi is ready.
picture of kothu ldli (rice )
check out the other marathon participants