Today is 4th day in blogging marathon. We can call this as an instant rasam too. I learnt this rasam from my friend Uma. You can have it as a soup when you are having cough and cold.
Tomato - 2
Tamarind - one small gooseberry size
Cumin seed - 1/ 2 tsp
pepper corn 1/2 tsp
Garlic- 2 pods
Cooked toor dal - 2 tbsp
salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
ghee , mustard seeds, cumin seeds for garnishing
How to go?
- Combine garlic, cumin seeds, pepper in a mixer and ground to paste.
- In a micro safe bowl combine tamarind , tomato, cook for 1 minute. Squeeze and get the extract.
- or you can extract tamarind and add chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt give a boil.
- When it boils add the grounded paste and cook.
- When it boils add cooked dal water to that and give a boil.
- Don't boil it so much , transfer it to a serving bowl , garnish with coriander leaves.
- Heat ghee in a pan add mustard seeds , cumin seeds and temper it.
- You can avoid tamrarind extract and dal water.
- It will taste delicious as a soup.