When I did BM#10 , I saw this recipe in Palakkad Chamayal by Kaveri. I tried this recipe and it came out so.. well. And it is a big hit in my family , kids like to have this like a soup. Thanks Kaveri for sharing this recipe.I replaced rasam powder instead of chili powder.
Tomato - 2
Tamarind - one small marble size
Green chili - 2
Ginger - 1" piece
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Rasam powder - 1/4 tsp
cooked toor dal - 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - one pinch
salt to taste
Coarinder leaves for garnishing
Ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds for tempering
- In a bowl combine tamraind, tomato, green chili and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Squeeze and extract the juice and pour in a kadai. Add salt, rasam powder and turmeric powder to that.
- When it boils mash and add the cooked dal and give a boil.
- When it froths transfer to a serving bowl and temper with ghee, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Garnish with coarinder leaves.
- You can add chili powder instead of rasam powder.
- you can add a pod of garlic too .