Sunday, August 19, 2012

CABBAGE SOTHI - ANOTHER VERSION OF KURMA

Today is last day of BM 19 of group 3. I learnt this recipe in a TV show by Mrs. Revathy Shanmugam. I love her cooking , easy and delicious recipes. I made this for today's breakfast. Kids loved this. I always get compliment from kids when it is delicious.





INGREDIETNS

Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Cabbage shredded - 1 cup
Garlic- 2 pods
oil  - 1 tsp
salt to taste
Coriander and curry leaves

To grind I

Cumin seeds - 1tsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Green chili - 1 or 2 (Depends how much spice we need)

To grind II

Coconut - 1 tbsp
Fried gram / chutney dhall - 1tbsp
Cashew - 4 nos

 

METHOD




Heat oil in a pan , add garlic.when it is cooked add onions and saute.






When the onions are transparent add chopped tomatoes.When the tomatoes are cooked add the grounded paste of  "To Grind I".








When the raw smell goes, add shredded cabbage and cook.

When the cabbage is cooked add the paste given as " To grind II".


When the paste cooks well and the gravy blends well, garnish with coriander and curry leaves.




I served with appam. It goes well with dosa also.


12 comments:

virunthu unna vaanga

first time seeing this version... great recipe...
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

Cool Lassi(e)

Great looking "alternate" kurma. I have had my neighbor mention about a Sothi when I was growing up back in India. Sounds interesting.

vaishali sabnani

something different..looks interesting....

Priya Suresh

Looks awesome and definitely a delicious side dish for appams, even i love her recipes very much.

Vimitha Durai

New one to me.. Looks nice...

Chef Mireille

gravy looks delish

Sowmya Karthy

Nice kurma.. new to me.. bookmarking this

Sowmya
http://nivedhanams.blogspot.in

Rajani S

nice

Padmajha

I too have watched her shows.This is a nice recipe .Sure to try it..

preeti garg

Awesome version

divyagcp

This dish is new to me. But looks very inviting..

Divya's Culinary Journey

Spice up the Curry

this is interesting recipe and new to me. I always make dry subzi from cabbage. never made gravy version. yours looks really yummy. Now I should make gravy version sometime.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP