Tuesday, September 18, 2012

SPRING ONION PARUPUSILI

Today is the second day of BM 20 in theme cooking with Onions. I usually make Parupusli with vegetables. I made with Methi too. When I have to chose this theme , thought of trying in Spring onions. I served with vathakulambhu. Kindly bear with my photo.
 
 
 
 

INGREDIENTS


Spring Onion - 1 bunch
Besan / gram flour - 3 tbsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
salt to taste
Oil, mustard seeds for tempering



METHOD


Wash and chop the spring onion.
In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds to splutter.
Add the spring onions and saute well.
When the spring onions are cooked add besan , chili powder and salt.
Sprinkle little water and cook until the raw smell goes.
Cook until the besan changes its colour.




Check out the BM 20 recipes.




8 comments:

divya

simple and delicious fry...

Priya Suresh

I want to try this paruppu usili since a long, you are tempting me to make some soon.

Prabha Mani

Different rice.Never heard this before.Nice.

Srivalli

Oh that's quite new..never thought of making usli with spring onions..

vaishali sabnani

new to me..have'nt heard of this before!

divyagcp

Looks delicious and interesting..

Divya's Culinary Journey

Jayanthi

This is new dish ...looks delicious

Chef Mireille

what a great fry!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP