Wednesday, July 24, 2019

CUT MANGO PICKLE


Cut mango pickle is my husband's favourite. I make this every year, now only  I am posting this.I usually make Urugai / pickle powder and keep. I used that , otherwise you can use chili powder also.






INGREDIENTS



Mango  - 4 cups

Turmeric powder - 2 tbsp

Rock salt  - 1 cup

Urugai powder  - 1 cup 
(click the link)

Gingelly oil -  400 ml

Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp


METHOD

In a bowl add chopped mangoes , turmeric powder and salt and mix well. let it sit for a day . 




Add urugai powder to that and mix well.   OR

Add chili powder  1 cup, mustard powder and fenugreek powder 1 tbsp and mix well.





Heat oil in a pan and temper mustard seeds.





Pour over the mangoes and stir well.





Stir every day and keep it in sulight for 2 to 3 days. 



Enjoy with curd rice.





1 comments:

Anonymous

Pickle is one of my favourite dish. It is very spicy and tasty. masala manufacturers in kerala provide pickle powder to make pickle more spicy. 

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP