This is my favourite dish. My son love this so.. much. When I was in school days my mom prepares using sevai nazhi (photo given after the recipe). She makes idli using only par bolied rice batter, and keep the idlies in the nazhi and make sevais. I use to help her. It’s a real pain. Nowadays we get instant idiyappam flour, using that we can make in minutes. I have a sevai presser and I made it with that.
Idiyappam flour – 1 cup
warm water as required
salt as per taste
For Coconut milk
Coconut – 1
Cardamon – 1
Sugar as per taste
1. Combine flour and salt and make a dough.
2. I used sev presser, you can use murukku presser also for this.
3. Steam the made iddiyappam in a idli cooker or a pressure pan.
4. Grind the coconut combing cardamom and sugar.
5. Strain and repeat the process once .
Your delicious iddiyappam and thengai pal is ready.
We can serve with stew also.click here to see the recipe.